• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3 New Dyes

A.Mutt

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Finished 3 more dye jobs last night.
The first is my wife's Monarch with The Monarch fan art I did on it.
If you don't know who that is then you need to do your funny bone a favor and watch the Venture Bros. http://www.adultswim.com/shows/venturebros/index.html
The dye came out kinda light for a ghosted look, which my wife is happy with but it's only because the dye wasn't up to a good enough temperature yet I theorize.
themonarchdg.jpg

The second is a portrait of a good friend's baby. I have this picture of her that I used as a reference and it always makes me smile and forget about negativity.
flybaby.jpg

The last is my Buzzz that I got my first/only ace with that I put my personal logo on. Its now on the wall since it's been replaced so I don't lose it.
acebuzzz.jpg

Thanks man :)

I plan on doing at least a few more Venture Bros. discs for myself. Probably a Brock/Molotov one and definitely a Hank as Batman, not sure what else. I don't know who loves the show more, my wife or I, but its a top viewing choice at any time for both of us.

on a side note I need to go get another exacto knife. I haven't been able to find my old trusty and have been using a utility knife.

Last edited:
This is my latest one. I'm getting a little more bold and going for the multi-color now. This is dye on the bottom of the disc. Looks great lit up.

Attachments

• HPIM8170.jpg
    HPIM8170.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 45
  • HPIM8154.jpg
    HPIM8154.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 37
Nice stuff! I love the kid!

Thanks I just sent a photo to the mother ... waiting for 'mom approval' ;)

whats your personal logo mean?

I'm a freelance graphic designer. My last name starts with an A so that is the logo I came up with for my senior portfolio and have used it for any identity design for myself since.

They look great! Did you use a plotter? Contact paper?

Here's another new dye. Old disc, Had a hard time getting the stamp off this one.

Attachments

• buzzz.jpg
    buzzz.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 11
They look great! Did you use a plotter? Contact paper?

Thank you :) I used sign vinyl I scored for free from a sign shop and cut out the designs with an exacto knife over a light table.

Well done, keep em comin'!

thanks ... I've done another 5 since but am waiting till I get through the rest of my blank disc stack before posting them all.

Latest posts