• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] 300 Mids

somebody explain prodigy plastic again

A buddy let me huck his yellow 172? 300 PA2s a few times and I'd say the 300 PA2 plastic felt between a Gateway glow and firmer Super Soft, not near as firm as my classic judge but more tacky. The flight plate was slightly concave/beginning to clover from moderate use. Therefore, I would NOT say its as durable as Innova Pro and more like a firmer basic Prodiscus. The problem I found with the soft Prodiscus basic plastic is that it deforms too quickly. IMO his 300 PA2s are a good balance if you want a firmer than dx aviar feel that flies and grabs chains like a SSS wizard.

I have 3 pa2s x-outs that I bought from Marshall street. The only thing wrong with them was VERY minor stamp issues.

the plastic is stiff like S from gateway and has a nice chalky feel. I've 2 beat to straight, one will have a slight finish left, and the other goes straight the entire way. The 3rd I use for in the circle putting only and do not throw it. It flies exactly the same as the day I bought it a few months ago.

So from what I can tell is the 300s plastic will take some scuffs right away but it is very slow to change flight characteristics. Also I haven't held a pa2 that has molded up domey, they r either board flat or slightly concave.

didn't someone ask what the 300s plastic was like and how it was holding up?...

The initial question was if the 300 mids (especially M3) flies different than the 400. I know typically they are less stable, but since my 400 M3 is domey and more gummy I am assuming the 300 being stiffer might actually be more stable in the Mid line.

Any new people test out the plastic in miss yet. I'm thinking of picking up a M2. My Proto M3 (now M2) was so super stable that is faded more than my M1. The question is if I should get one now, or wait to see if there will be any available in the next few tournaments.... hmmmm

Any new people test out the plastic in miss yet. I'm thinking of picking up a M2. My Proto M3 (now M2) was so super stable that is faded more than my M1. The question is if I should get one now, or wait to see if there will be any available in the next few tournaments.... hmmmm

Haven't thrown any 300 plastic yet, but I can say that I have nearly matched the fade of an m1 with my m2. Give the m2 a little height and it can basically do everything the m1 can. The m2 seems to go a little further as well.

I Threw my 300s M2 around. It is perfect. My very first throw was super stable. Aft a couple chucks to the ground to break it in it now flies dead straight with slight fade for about 300' for me. This is what I was waiting for. I think I will start rotating those, and Pa2 for driving to get my bag set. I was never one for getting one disc, and breaking them in to different stabilities, but I think I might start doing that because of this disc.

The one 300 M4 I have seemed more stable than my 400 ones right out of the box. Granted the 400's were first runs or protos's. I do like the feel of the 300, especially for the putters.

The one 300 M4 I have seemed more stable than my 400 ones right out of the box. Granted the 400's were first runs or protos's. I do like the feel of the 300, especially for the putters.

All of my Protos have been more stable than their production run. The My M4 proto was very straight (Buzzz SSish). My production run 400g has a LOT of turn, and flies more like a glide.

300 mids seems like a bit much ... what kind of bag are you guys using?

pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg

Played with my M4 300 for about twenty rounds. I really have to kind of bend it up before throwing because it is beat in but seems to go nose down after flipping up. The way it breaks in the wing nose bends down, goes off balance and accents any torque. Tough to throw pure.

Hoping the 300 mids get slightly tougher, a 300g or 350 maybe. That being said, I like it for tuning in my hand before the throw. If I need something rigid I throw the 400g, I have a 400 with a puddle top as well that is longer than both of them but doesn't like crosswinds.

Played a round with a 300 M3 and M4 today. Tossed both in a field a little bit before starting and noticed the M3 was very Roc like flight and the M4 was just like my M4 400g with a touch more glide. Unfortunately, I slammed a tree off the tee with M3 and warped it pretty bad. It was almost oval. First throw after that showed it had lost all of its low speed fade. It was just straight. I'm sure after a few more dings it will end up under stable in a hurry. I love the feel of the 300 plastic but the durability is questionable.

What is the feel of 300s in in M2's comparable to? Is it DX like, driver Pro like, KC Pro like or what?

The plastic feels to me like a gritty version of Gateway S plastic. Very nice feel and grip.I played an entire round in the rain using only 300s plastic discs and never slipped once.

Latest posts