• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

310 holes played this weekend

Dave242

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I'm whooped! Just got home from playing courses from Joliet, IL to Valparaiso,IN and the 4 Lemon Lake (IN) courses. 19 and 310 holes played. Never played so much DG in one weekend in my life.

I'm whooped! Just got home from playing courses from Joliet, IL to Valparaiso,IN and the 4 Lemon Lake (IN) courses. 19 and 310 holes played. Never played so much DG in one weekend in my life.

Damn. If I tried that, I would be in the hospital.

Yup - I played DeLa 2x in the day I visited it. Last I checked the terrain on the CA coast is not quite as flat as IL & IN. :) That put a hurting on me about the same as a full day this weekend.

It was not a 3 day weekend, although I did get a headstart after work playing 4 small 9-holers between 6 and 8:30pm after work on Fri.

i've played 6 rounds in one day before, i honestly wasn't that tired, could have something to do with me being 17 years old though lol

310 in a weekend is just ridiculous! It sucks getting old!

I played 72 holes on Friday and thought that was a lot. Got an ace on hole #6 of my third round.

How did you like lemon lake??? We are having state championships there this weekend (august 9th) signup on PDGA website only...if you want to come im sure it will be a great turnout and a GREAT tournament! Valpo...im assuming you played Rogers lakewood? Hard course huh? lol

I played 54 holes once and..and..can't breathe..mouth dry. Dude, I just had a stroke thinking about it. Dave, you are a freak of nature.

I played 54 holes once and..and..can't breathe..mouth dry. Dude, I just had a stroke thinking about it. Dave, you are a freak of nature.

you know they put water inside little plastic bottles (sometimes big ones too!) for that dry mouth problem....it works wonders...just an FYI ;)

Awesome! I love to go on marathons like that. I had a trip recently where I played 450 but that was over 5 days. Nice achievment

Damn dude, I played like 115 and was just beat. 310 is insane.

Acorn once, Blue Ribbon Pines twice, and a 12 hole course a few times over three days.

Nice run.
You have my admiration.
Seriously. I've done 70+ in a day, but "310 is insane."

How did you like lemon lake??? We are having state championships there this weekend (august 9th) signup on PDGA website only...if you want to come im sure it will be a great turnout and a GREAT tournament! Valpo...im assuming you played Rogers lakewood? Hard course huh? lol

Yeah, how did you like Lemon Lake? Did it live up to the hype the Wisconsin guy was giving it in the Worlds thread? How is the white course (its the only one I haven't played)? BTW 310 holes is sick.

I played 5 rounds (90 baskets),over sat and sun, and I'm beat. I have a knee that tells me that's about the limit.

I've been playing 4 rounds on Wednesday mornings/afternoons (did Acorn x2 and Oakwood x2), and I'm ready for a nap by the time I get home. I'm playing alone in parks with no wait, so I get very little rest as I play. I might stretch it to 5 courses if I can talk one of my jobless friends into playing.

Yeah, how did you like Lemon Lake? Did it live up to the hype the Wisconsin guy was giving it in the Worlds thread? How is the white course (its the only one I haven't played)? BTW 310 holes is sick.

Lemon Lake is an amazing DG park! I am still digesting what I think of the park on a personal preference level and how I think it will work for Pro Worlds. One of my issues is that I joined in a doubles tournament I only found out the day before (they let me play Cali which was very nice/accommodating of them), so I was paying some attention to my game and some to the course....and was moving through the course about half the speed I normally do when playing alone. The "rhythm" of thinking/digesting is so different than the way I have played courses over the last 6-7 years when playing to explore and critique. We played The 2 hardest courses, but not the long (Gold) tees on the Silver course but I did walk/run to the Gold tees on each hole to scope things out.

I really have mixed feelings about the park personally and as it pertains to hosting a Pro Worlds. I have some very high praise for a lot of things, a bunch questions and a few criticisms. I will write more later, but for now I will say that I will not be able to go with a 5 disc endorsement of any of the course, but they all earn high marks to be sure. Having 4 good to great courses in one park is unparalleled my my experience (have not been to Highbridge), so I have no idea how to rate the park other than give it an A+

Latest posts