• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

360° Overhand Throw

ThrowBot

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Ok, so this popped into my head last night. I know it's a bad idea. Still have to try.

Who's got a 360° approach for Overhand throws? I'm a tomahawk guy, but I know lots of folks prefer the thumber.

How many steps is the run-up?

Does the throw go higher than it goes far?

:popcorn:

Ok, so this popped into my head last night. I know it's a bad idea. Still have to try.

Who's got a 360° approach for Overhand throws? I'm a tomahawk guy, but I know lots of folks prefer the thumber.

How many steps is the run-up?

Does the throw go higher than it goes far?

:popcorn:

My overhand game is horrible.... But I see no advantage to a 360 overhand.. It doesn't make more weight shift or longer reach back than normal. you would be better off trying to do a faster run up, but even that makes no sense as well unless your overhand skills are impeccable..

Well, of course since the arm motion on vertical plane instead of horizontal, you have to take that in consideration in the spin, like this:
360%C2%B0.gif
:D

My overhand game is horrible.... But I see no advantage to a 360 overhand.. It doesn't make more weight shift or longer reach back than normal. you would be better off trying to do a faster run up, but even that makes no sense as well unless your overhand skills are impeccable..

Yup, getting from horizontal to vertical swing plane is the key. Really the 360° itself won't help much except helping me get braced into the plant leg. Essentially I'm just thinking, get into that brace solidly, then everything from the hips up is part of the whip (using abdomen and thorax for extra levers). I tried it once over my lunch break and dang near suffered a hernia, so I know I'm getting good core engagement!

Plan is to have the disc held low, basically near my right foot, and work around that throughout the pivot until I'm ready to lead with my right elbow above the shoulder. That gets me going low-to-high with the throwing motion.

All of this concern for my health & safety is really heartwarming. Y'all're the best. <3