• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 Disc Challenge - 1 Distance, Fairway, Approach and Putt

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
I've realized, as much as i carry 12 discs, i can play with 2-3 with a similar score. It always amazes me every time i play with <whatever happens to be in my trunk> and <whatever i can borrow> and i get close to my regular score.

Max Distance:
Wraith - this disc is the #2 alternate for all shots in this range. FH, BH, Control

Fairway Distance:
Teebird (Eagle) - amazing! Great for both FH and BH.

Approach:
170 Rhyno - The lack of glide kills the distance, but it's point and shot straight (if needed) up to 225'. Great for FH; Backup Putter. The true approach concept is the Roc (see below).

Putter:
169 Roc - An anomoly indeed. I happen to use this disc as a putter, but since my approach choice is a Rhyno, this also acts as an all purpose "control" disc in the approach ranges.

The versatility of both FH and BH, for me, would make a difference. To me, this would be a "precision" concept setup moreas a distance setup. <- Par is automatic, birdies are tough but possible.

distance: Starfire (FH only)
fairway: Eagle X
Mid: Opto Fuse
Putter: M Ion

Starfire is my bread and butter disc for FH so I feel naked without it, plus I pretty much use my FW driver for D anyway.

I'm sure I've got way too many discs but then they each have their purpose. Might be fun to try a round with this idea. Given my options I think I'd go with....

Distance: Champ Sidewinder - I can get this far with good control, not too under-stable.
Fairway: Pro Leopard
Mid: Z Buzzz
Putt: R-Pro Dart

The hardest decision is coming up with a driver. I love Destroyers which have begun to replace my Wraiths but I think I can shape lines better with the Champ Sidewinder if I could only use one driver.

XXX - thumbers
River- Driver
Fuse- HHhhm, really wanted the Core, but with only 4 discs I'll use the River more than usual
Wizard - Putts and approaches

I will just mooch beer from Jack.

Distance- R Pro Boss
Fairway- Champ Teebird
Midrange- ESP Buzzz
Putter- BB Aviar

I will just mooch beer from Jack.

I don't mind sharing. Can you imagine how much beer will fit in your bag if you're only carrying 3 discs? I was amazed how many I could get in the Crunch Box last night at Glow, still carrying 7 discs.

Eagle
Leopard
Buzzz
APX

...which are often the only discs I end up using on a given round anyway.

SOLF/Surge--Depending on the wind
Polaris
Roc/Buzz--Again depending on how windy with Buzz Z for wind
Classic Roc

Meh, if I'm following the actual rules I'd go:

E* Destroyer
S.EX
Seasoned Z Buzzz
Ion

I also think that only having 1 mid really limits your game. I'd much rather do a Roc/Comet combination.

PD
Wasp
Zone - not necessary but much appreciated
Wizard

I have been playing like this a lot recently.

Latest posts