• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 or 5 days in Oregon, where do I play

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So I am thinking of spending 4 or 5 days in Oregon starting march 1st or 2nd and I am purely going to disc golf. So at least three courses a day or four. Im driving straight from Southern california and into Oregon. I plan on staying at hotels near whatever course I am going to play in the early a.m. like 6:45 and play until dark hoping to hit numerous courses each day. So please list bunches of courses I could hit in one day and my mission will be to do this for a few days. There will be me and 1 to 2 others. Let me know guys, I only want to hit the best of Oregon, if there is park fees or whatever cost to play thats fine. I just want to hit 18+ holers unless there is a 9 or 12 holer that is a must. Bring on the list. I also dont want to conflict with any local tourneys or weeklys.

I'm too lazy to list courses right now, but for your goal of avoiding tourneys and such, heres a calendar which has nearly every event on it.
link

p.s. don't miss Horning's Hideout: three great courses and you can camp there.. and fish if you really want.

Last edited:
How far North are you going? Depending on how far North my list will be different.

Alright well since you are coming from California I'll start with South end Oregon first.

Haven't played these but I hear good things: Tom Pearce, Frog Creek, Lake Selmac.

In Roseburg: Whistler's Bend (awesome course!), Riverfront Park (Heard it's good, haven't played it)

Dexter Park is a must, I gave it a 4.5, excellent course, North Regional Park looks good here but haven't heard anything about it.

Albany area: Bryant Park is AMAZING but I believe it's still closed for the winter. (edit) PLAY BRYANT PARK!!! Waterloo, Camp Tadmor: Heard good things, haven't played there. Willamette and Adair: must plays for sure, really good courses. Keizer Rapids is a bit wet this time of year, Dallas City Park is nothing special but lots of fun, holes range from under 200 to over 500 feet.

Around Portland: Milo, Pier, Horning's Hideout: all are spectacular but if I have to pick one I would go to Horning's since it has camping and three courses on site. LL. Stub Stewart is the new one and it's really really good. Dabney State Park is also pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Camp Tadmor: Heard good things, haven't played there.

Camp Tadmor is my favorite course of all time. It use to host some big time tournaments back in the day. It is 18 holes now and is probably one of the most difficult you can play. It is a private church camp, so call the office before you head up there to see if there are any groups going on. During the week, they are usually pretty open to people coming and playing.

It is a long drive up outside of Lebanon but totally worth it!

Eugene area: Whistlers, Adair, Bryant Park ,Dexter is a must my favorite course!

Portland area:pier, Milo, Dabney and there are hotels just a few mile from Dabney! Not sure how far Horning's is from here?

Last edited:
If you want to play some fun courses you could side trip on your way up and come up to Humboldt, play some courses out here.

Tom Pearce Park A must in my opinion.
Indian Mary Park Not special except for the location and 'Oregon' factor.
Lake Selmac Not played by me but looks fun.
Riverside Park Not played by me but looks fun.
Riverfront Park In the middle of Roseburg. Easyish pitch and putt course. Tight and somewhat hard to follow w/o a guide or map.
Whistlers Bend Park Wonderful, well respected course along the Umpqua River. Long and lacks signage but includes Yurt camping (with heat and power) and free showers. Worth the stop and a good stay over point as you head north. Need to reserve the yurts.
North Regional Park " The Grove" An excellent course right off I-5. I'll likely review it soon giving it a 4 rating. Be sure to reverse your path after hole #4 to play hole #5- don't follow the apparently logical flow to Hole #11.
Dexter Park World class course not to be missed. My home course. I'll guide if you'd like (and am able).
Willamette Park Very good course with real baskets and concrete tees.
Adair Park Very good course with real baskets and concrete tees.
Bryant Park An excellent course if it is playable, ie: not underwater.
Waterloo Park Camping available. My only review at this time.
Camp Talaoli Private course not yet played by me. Understood to be easily accessible. Check Northwest Disc Golf News site.
Woodmansee Park One of the two I've played in the Salem area. A very enjoyable short but technical 9 hole with multiple tees. Get a map.
After this I am less knowledgeable but
Milo McIver State Park should not be missed and Timber Park is so close and equally enjoyable (to me). Then further north near the Portland metropolitan area there is a multitude of courses including Horning's Hideout x3, Pier Park and the newer L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. There are many more in the Portland area that are worth playing that I have failed to mention. I'm sure others will chime about this area.

Good luck, have fun and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

I will eventually post my schedule. I plan on playing southern Oregon on day one, then moving higher up into oregon the next two days and on day four back down from the north. So four days and hopefully 12-15 courses played. On day five I will play a few in northern california and drive home the rest of the night so I get home late or early morning that sunday. This is purely a disc golf trip so I will map everything out and figure all the details and I will save every course you guys mention and start researching these courses and mapping the trip. thanks

All the courses listed here are great, the only thing I could add is this map. It has all the courses in Oregon and it's very easy to visualize your trip. Hit me up if you want a guide for LL Stub or Hornings Hideout (both must plays in my opinion).

Alright well since you are coming from California I'll start with South end Oregon first.

Haven't played these but I hear good things: Tom Pearce, Frog Creek, Lake Selmac.

In Roseburg: Whistler's Bend (awesome course!), Riverfront Park (Heard it's good, haven't played it)

Dexter Park is a must, I gave it a 4.5, excellent course, North Regional Park looks good here but haven't heard anything about it.

Albany area: Bryant Park is AMAZING but I believe it's still closed for the winter. (edit) PLAY BRYANT PARK!!! Waterloo, Camp Tadmor: Heard good things, haven't played there. Willamette and Adair: must plays for sure, really good courses. Keizer Rapids is a bit wet this time of year, Dallas City Park is nothing special but lots of fun, holes range from under 200 to over 500 feet.

Around Portland: Milo, Pier, Horning's Hideout: all are spectacular but if I have to pick one I would go to Horning's since it has camping and three courses on site. LL. Stub Stewart is the new one and it's really really good. Dabney State Park is also pretty darn good.

Listen to this guy I Bolded the "Must-Plays".Hit me up if you need a course guide for any of the Portland area courses.

Milo and Timber is one day.... Horning's is another. I is something to keep in mind when planing. all the courses around town are great to play and if you get a place by pier you might be able to add it in with Milo. It would be two of your days just up in Portland.

Call ahead if you head to Horning's to make sure there is nothing going on out there. this time of year running races and bike races are at both Milo and Horning's.

Hippy007

Latest posts