• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ocala, FL

Ocala Greenway DGC

3.915(based on 49 reviews)
4th Annual Ace Race for Down Syndrome Awareness
Posted by timg
Other
Ocala Greenway DGC
Contact Details
Contact Name: Brian Wells
Contact Phone: (352) 445-7201
Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 08:00 AM
Until: Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Category

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

Start: Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 08:00 AM
End: Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 06:00 PM

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
***Please note, this is a charity event. This year I've added the option to just be an event supporter for $15 or an event supporter with a disc shipped to you for $25***

The 4th annual ace race for down syndrome awareness will have a smaller player pack but the same amount of fun. Since Discraft wasn't able to run them this year, I'll be doing it solo (Much less buying power). The player pack will consist of 1 random SuperColor Buzzz (FCFS the day of).

The format is the same, with one slight modification. We will play 2 different rounds of 18 very shortended holes on a custom layout at the Greenway. Each player will throw once and either mark an A for an ace or an M for a metal hit. The disc hitting any part of the basket on any part of the flight / roll counts as an M. The modification comes in to play with mulligans. Your 1st throw MUST be the SuperColor Buzzz you get at the event, but, your mulligan will be your favorite flyer! So, be sure to bring 1 disc with you for any mulligans you plan to purchase :)

All proceeds are again going to ARC Marion. www.mcarc.com This year was extra hard on them, as they had to cancel their largest fundraiser of the year due to COVID. (They pair up with Harley Davidson and raffle off a Harley! I plan to win in 2021...) The last 3 years we have increased our donation and raised a total of $1,000.00 last year! I have no plans for raffles this year, so I'm not sure we will get to that $1,000.00 but it would be great!

50/50 and mulligans will be sold, so bring a few extra $$ please :)

Very beginner / family / new player friendly. So, get a friend to register too!

Prizes TBD based upon registration. It will either be a few random Discraft discs or a cash payout.

Check in starts at 9am and I'll have a short meeting around 9:45. We tee off at 10:00am. The last 3 years it's ended right around 1pm.

Latest posts

Latest posts