• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

5 Future Courses in Colorado Springs, CO

Palmer Park would be pretty sweet, but so would Bear Creek - could be some fun elevation holes at both of them.
I still remember when the mtn bike park went in at Garden of the Gods. I would think there would be some land in the park somewhere that they might consider for DG.
Maybe a dual course park at Patty Jewett? OK- maybe not

What about the space over next to UCCS off Nevada? Up and down that bluff

I don't see any recent posts on here... are any of these courses established?

What about the space over next to UCCS off Nevada? Up and down that bluff

I think they did a temp course there once and it got pulled because of the type of people that played.. lots of drinking and smoking.. from what I understand UCCS had a course on the bluff and there's still some baskets up there. Just played Turkey Creek.. no wind and I got 5 over, which is damn amazing considering last time I was there I think I threw bogey golf. Forgot how long that course is. Forgot how long of a walk between some of the holes, they could have easily made that a 27 hole course and not even shortened the long holes, just throw some pitch and putts in between basket and tees..

I don't see any recent posts on here... are any of these courses established?

Nope. Ran into president of local club, he mentioned the Power's Peak course project and that the previous owners had put a Lot of riders on the property that the city is trying to clear. We discussed other spots but they are still just the rumored Pope's Bluff, and Bear creek.

Nope. Ran into president of local club, he mentioned the Power's Peak course project and that the previous owners had put a Lot of riders on the property that the city is trying to clear. We discussed other spots but they are still just the rumored Pope's Bluff, and Bear creek.

I played with the guy on Sunday that is promoting the Power's Peak course and I am with you, it is too open and wind prone. It would be sweet for me as far as convenience since I can walk there but there just isn't enough elevation change to make it interesting IMO.

RIP HP, I loved that little course and now it's gone because of DBs. Even though the difference in traffic is huge I have often wondered why CW is so trashed compared to Widefield? BTW, work day at CW on Saturday (3/31). Other than general brush clearing etc. a 50 foot bridge is being planned between the #3 tee box and the pin.

ok talked to the pres again, and besides for everything being put back because of the fire the wrecked the front range, things are slowly starting to move again, sometime in 3-4 weeks the city is looking to make an order of 100 baskets for the course. I am going to the club meeting this Sunday and see if I can find out anymore information, of which I will share.

in theory there are 10 properties that are possibilities but the council is keeping the list secret.. not sure why. I play with pres and some other members on Sunday, maybe there is some progress that I'm not aware of.

Get these in the ground so I can do a short road trip! Is planting courses over the winter a possibility in Springs? I'm not too familiar with the weather there.

Get these in the ground so I can do a short road trip! Is planting courses over the winter a possibility in Springs? I'm not too familiar with the weather there.

depends on the winter really, last year? most definitely. Some years? not a prayer in hell. The ground gets harder, but all we need is a 60 degree day to get thet cleared, you can pour concrete year round, just need some concrete blankets so it doesn't freeze. We can clear fairways year round. A lot of this depends on the help we get.

I was down in the Springs not too long ago and threw a round with some friends @ cottonwood. It was a fairly quite day there, which was suprising for a Saturday morning.

I'm looking forward to more info on the new courses that have been proposed for the Springs. I wish we had had more when I lived down there. Thanks for all the great info so far Fishy.

Dave-

A little far from anyone reading this thread but the club in Pagosa Springs is trying to get funding together for a second course. It would be at Cloman park and from the object course I played on that land years ago it will be nothing like the current hillside course on reservoir hill.

So there was a walk through of Bear Creek Park last weekend. I missed it (was in Denver painting a friends house). Not even sure of what part of the park they are looking at. Trying to get in contact with the local club president is kind of a pain in the ass sometimes. But for now, the first course is looking like Bear Creek Regional park.

We scouted Red Rocks Canyon open space last night, then went before the committee to change the master use plan. Was kind of a pitch to the public setting. We were very well received by all but one of the people in attendance. We were fortunate that the piece of property we want isn't used at this time and also doesn't fall under a lot of the restrictions other parts of the park has. Now we only have to trudge through another half dozen meetings and maybe by spring we can get approval.

I too am psyched for these courses. The offerings in Wyo are quite limited in both quantity and quality!

So here's how it's looking for several of the courses: Bear creek 2 courses, an intermediate and champ course both between 21st and 8th street. Also rumor of one near Quail Lake and I really hope about the one at Red Canyon. We have several groups doing ideas for the intermediate course at Bear Creek now and soon hope to have some design ideas to try out. Quail is... not sure, and as of right now Red Canyon is a dream with some very good possibilities.
What excites me most is that all of them are within 10 minutes from my house.

Latest posts