• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 550' wide open flat no wind-what driver would you throw

Opto River. Not making it in one throw, though, not by a longshot.

Roller: Thumber roller with a Firebird. Best case scenario still a 100'+ approach shot with a Rhyno.

Air shot: RHBH Air Trespass. Best case scenario still 150'+ approach shot with a Rhyno.

Full-power with my Climo Tern. BEST case I get about 430 feet. Worst case Im still at 380. Still possible to make par (assuming par three). I have neither the cannon nor the roller ability to turn that into a birdie. But Im certain I could not bogey it.

Another option would be a sky flex with my QOLF, but I prefer a bit of a tailwind for that shot.

But if you cant reach 550 feet with a Wham-O 86 Softie you have no business even looking at a disc that isnt speed 1 and you should disc down to a paper plate for thirty years.

No wind? Halo, Giant, or Trespass. For max D without having to worrying about accuracy, I'd throw them in the air plastic.

Champ Valk on a roller depending on ground conditions.

Champ Boss for an air shot if the ground is thick.

175g Icon Cannon. If the terrain is suitable, a roller with my beat-in P-line DD2.

3 wood.

Or 2 shots with my Blizzard Wraith or Air Saint.

i can't reach it, no sense in doing anything stupid.

patriot to 350' then my putter, or my light 162g OLF to 400 (if i'm lucky) and then my putter.