• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

8/8/22 Morley Field Monday Morning Round

gwsmallwood

Birdie Member
I'm going to be in Coronado this weekend and we extended our stay to mid-Monday so I could play Morley Field. I have a 7 am tee time. Does anyone in the San Diego area want to play a round with me Monday morning?

For those that have played Morley, any tips or suggestions? I live in AZ and I've been playing for about a year. I'm RHFH dominant and have about 375' of distance on my FH drives. Only about 250' backhand.

I've heard altitude can have a significant impact on discs. Coming from Phoenix at just over 1000' down to sea level, are my discs going to be noticeably less stable?

I would say your discs aren't going to be noticeably less stable as I play at 1800 feet and along the beach all the time and I don't see a difference.

Morley Field is easy to follow, but a lot of people tend to miss hole 2 that are out of towners because if hole 1's basket is to the right, it just looks like hole 3's tee would be hole 2. Keep an eye out. Most holes have 5-13 pin placements so the course is always changing. For the most part, Morley isn't a long course but more short and technical. Very green and temps are always nice. The course is one of the oldest in the world, have fun out there.

Altitude will effect flight, I tend to notice a slight difference at around 2500, very little, but at 5000 you really start to notice.

Latest posts