• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

8th Annual MN Amateur League set to start in March

i think i might show up. how i play really depends on the day; sometimes i can hang with open, sometimes i'm intermediate so i think it'll be a good match. can you show up and play for fun since it's preseason or do you have to sign up in order to play tomorrow?

No commitment for tomorrow (Saturday). We will discuss rules, schedule, etc. If it is something you want to be a member of, you have to make the commitment before the April event. If anything, at least be ready to provide a verbal commitment by the end of tomorrow so we can start scheduling the March-April matches.

Just so you know, the league fee is 30 dollars but that covers the whole season. What is included in here is 20 dollars towards the league's Discraft Ace Race in August, 5 dollars toward bag tags that support the Minnesota Majestic, and 5 dollars for league's general fund.

Tomorrow we will have an active Ace Pool, so if you want in bring a dollar. Two of the three league's aces have come during preseason events. Generally we play small courses for preseason before we shift to the bigger courses for the regular season.

After the official preseason event we are going to try a doubles tough shot series where you bring your own partner. This is separate from the league but you will find that most league members will likely play this throughout the year. It is choose your own partner, but there is no requirement you have to stick with that partner throughout the season unless you are the defending champs in a championship match (we have pro wrestling belts and everything for the defending champs).

The official kick off time is going to be 10am, but several of us always show up earlier to get in some practice. I think I am going to be there around 9am.

10292851386_fdc277b162.jpg

Look for me, I am the one holding the trophy.

Latest posts