• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

9-Hole? Hole cost, etc.

Jtreadwell is right - the argument that public servants should make good use of private donations in developing recreational opportunities for their citizens is one that should have traction in these times of declining Park and Rec budgets.

Super that he found a private site - hope that the ME course is as cool as some of the others up there!

It can be a pretty political process with a public park - as many have already found. PDGA.com has some great course development resources up at the web site - including proposal templates with some great text on the game and other cool resources like Jason Sinischalski's cost/benefit analysis of disc golf.. I am willing (and able) to help advise also (we managed to get a course installed in LA after years of effort in 2006). If anyone wants my help - please contact the Course Directory editor through the PDGA.com contact page.

Cliff Towne
PDGA Course Directory

Thank you, I remember seeing the proposal and all that good stuff somewhere, but I had forgotten where!

I was hoping my friend who works for the city can put me in contact with the right person.. But the biggest challenge so far is that they "have" a 5 park master plan that was SUPPOSED to be built. They managed to open up a few of the smaller parks before the budget ran out, but the bigger ones have been put off for now. As soon as I find the perfect location, I will begin the process.

Latest posts