• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] A beginners second putter

How are you liking your choice? Do you feel that 5 is the best number to have?
I have also heard that two is the best because it makes you value each putt more and reset, instead of getting in a repetitive groove, which never really happens during a round, when it counts.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Today I went to my distributor and gripped a whole bunch of different putters I had put my eyes on. I ended up with a set of super stupid soft Wizards. I love the grip I get from the texture and material and the feedback I get from the increased weight (I bought 172g ones). Then I spent about 90 minutes putting, it massively increased my putting confidence. I imagine that my putting performance will increase rapidly as well if I continue to practice like this. It helps a lot to have three identical discs when it comes to training putting, that's for sure.

You, sir, are a smart man. Wizards are the shizz.

One word of advice...when the putting leaves you for a couple weeks (and it WILL), don't run out and grab a new mold. Ride it out, keep practicing, and you'll come out better on the other side. Everybody has ups and downs with putting.

Look online at infinatediscs or all things disc golf, pick out some that have a flight path you think you'd want. Go feel as many as possible and buy a couple that feel really good. Use those for all shots and then but 5 of the one you ended up liking.

Latest posts