• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A bit of advise from everyone

KRATC

Eagle Member
Everyone seems to have advise for other players. I was wondering if we could get a list of everyone's favorite piece of advise. It could have anything to do with disc golf, but I would like to keep it mostly focused on form and technique (forehand/backhand/putting/mental game/ect.). However, if your favorite piece of advise is something not related to that, go ahead and post it.

I will go ahead and say that my favorite bit of advise when it comes to ANY throw is to slow down and work your way up. That is pretty vague I know, but when I am in a rut, that usually helps pull me out.

Local pro Marty Cook, joined the PDGA in the late 80s sometime, once told me, "its better to throw out sideways, and take a 4, than try to be a hero, and make 5"... It has saved me many strokes.. If you throw a horrible shot, take your punishment, and make up for it the next hole...

Local pro Marty Cook, joined the PDGA in the late 80s sometime, once told me, "its better to throw out sideways, and take a 4, than try to be a hero, and make 5"... It has saved me many strokes.. If you throw a horrible shot, take your punishment, and make up for it the next hole...

I would have said something along these lines. Shoot for par and the birdies will come. Shoot for birdies and the bogeys might come.

If you are not having fun on the course, then leave. No one likes to be around someone who is in a bad mood. It is all about enjoyment.

I have seen that video I think. I love how fluid Barry throws.

Don't let your current shot affect your next shot.

I can do this most of the time but every now and then I'll feel myself starting to get frustrated after a bad shot and can see it start to affect my next shots. Deep, focused breathing really helps me calm myself down.

Try not to overthink stuff, if something works just go with the flow. If you have a bad shot, let it go and try to adjust accordingly.

Try to figure out one or two discs before buying 100's. It'll just complicate things and stunt your growth as a player.

So you missed a putt - get over it.

don't be upset about missing a putt that you don't typically make more than 50% of the time. Just say could have been and move on.

Make sure to remember the made putts you should have missed: yeah, missing that 20' putt may have cost you a stroke, but making that 50' putt gained it back. Thinking like this helps me keep a positive attitude.

smooth is far.

putt through the basket.

Use the same putting routine all the time.

Have a very short term memory.

Latest posts