• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A few days with Nikko...

Woodpecker

Birdie Member
Nikko Locastro called me a few days ago and said he was in Austin to play a A tier event in Roundrock this coming weekend. I invited him and Carmen, his girlfriend, to stay at my house until the weekend and they headed south to San Antonio.

Yesterday, I took him out to my home course, McClain Park, and we played a round with a couple of friends of mine. Not knowing the course, Nikko shot -5 which I thought was great for a first time. Well, he was not pleased, to say the least. On the 17th tee box, I happened to mention that the course record was -8.

When we went out today, I asked him where he wanted to play as there are 5 more courses in the area. He said, without hesitation, that he wanted to bust that course record at McClain and off we went.

Another friend of mine joined us and I won't bore you with the details but he shot............... -13 under!!!!!

What an exhibition! At the end of the round, my friend dropped his bag and said "That's it. I quit after watching that! There is no hope for me" LOL

All I could say was "WOW!"

Woodpecker

Yeah, that young man is quite underrated.

But if you each had 12 beers first who would win?? OK, so he'd only iwn by a few strokes. Better!

I watched him play against Avery in an A-tier event in Colorado. Nikko ended up getting 2nd by 1 stroke and I told my friend that he is the next generation of disc golf, who knew that was starting this year.

He's throwin' a lot of Gateway. Maybe all the Innova and Discraft Pyscho's all hate him. He seems like a 'whatever works' guy. More power to him. I am a non-competitive 'old guy' so whatever works is good for me. GO NIKKO!!!

I watched Nikko play at the USDGC. I couldn't help pulling for the guy. He put on quite a show. I couldn't believe he was 21-22 as he looked like he was 15! I got my USDGC spectator Roc's signed by Nikko. Most people I know are putting it on a shelf. Not me, I am throwing the damn thing! Discs aren't made to be collected, they are made to be thrown. I have gotten a lot of birdies with that Roc already. I think he rubbed a little of his luck off on it when he signed it!

I like Nikko, but I think the problem a lot of people have with him is his attitude at times, he can very dramatic. Watch the latest Disc Golf Monthly on youtube, you'll see what I mean.

He does throw a lot of Gateway, been tryin to get into that company, might just have been a nudge in the right direction.

I thought course records only count if you get it during a tournament, cause... you know... the other day I shot a 46 at Circle C.

I hung out with Nikko and Carmen last saturday night up here in Ft Worth. That kid is crazy. Up here on saturday he jumped in a basket, yes i said in, ive never even heard of anyone doing that before. I think he was having a hard time with the course :) Anyway, they were young and cocky and i can see why some people may not like there attitude, but from what I saw they are good kids. Ask him to show you the lighter on the back of the hand game, he got me hooked on it.

That was a great story and all, but what did his hair look like?

I hung out with Nikko and Carmen last saturday night up here in Ft Worth. That kid is crazy. Up here on saturday he jumped in a basket, yes i said in, ive never even heard of anyone doing that before. I think he was having a hard time with the course :) Anyway, they were young and cocky and i can see why some people may not like there attitude, but from what I saw they are good kids. Ask him to show you the lighter on the back of the hand game, he got me hooked on it.

Did you get a pcture of him in the basket to post into the thread about why disc golf gets a bad rap?

I'm playing in a tournament that he will be playing in on Sunday (11/8). I'm excited to meet Nikko. He seems like a pretty emotional guy which I believe is typical for a guy his age. I'm excited to meet him to see what he's like in real life.

Did you get a pcture of him in the basket to post into the thread about why disc golf gets a bad rap?

no, i did take a lot of vids with my iphone during the tourney but i didnt have it in hand for all the random stuff that might happen like a crazy kid running and diving and then curling up inside a basket :D

Latest posts