• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A legend has passed

Timber

Birdie Member
From Ragnar's daughter Vega

I'm very sad to share that my father has passed away. He had a heart attack and we believe he died quickly. I will post information regarding his funeral once we have made arrangements. I pray Ragnar Overby is already enjoying the giant disc golf course in heaven....Rest in Peace Pappa.

Ragnar%20art_zpsrkjkuwz6.jpg

May their family and friends be well, and find peace in this time of sorrow.

What what?

I just saw him walking around the course on Saturday and Sunday at Seneca watching the tournament. I was driving behind him as we where leaving the course.

Super guy he had the biggest hands ever. Happy I had a chance to meet and to get to know him. He loved Disc golf.

That's very sad, condolences to his family. Ragnar Overby was awesome. We had a little fanbase for him at the shop. Dude was a frisbee legend. RIP

Condolences to family and friends.

Sobbing. Ragnar was a great friend. We traveled together and shared a hotel room at the 1999 Pro Worlds in Rochester (he complained about my snoring, but never complained about anything else); he even introduced me to Steady Eddie. Will be sorely missed!

Very sad to hear about Ragnars passing. He had a beautiful spirit and we shared many good conversations over the years. My wife and I had dinner over at his place before we moved out West...one of the more enjoyable meals I have shared.

Latest posts