• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

a midsummer night's form update

Stay off the rear heel so you can maintain an athletic balanced posture and lead with the hips and move your lower spine forward. You are throwing your shoulder over the front and planting too open. Let the throwing shoulder drop into the backswing and forward swing and finish higher.

The rear heel has been a constant struggle. If I'm not actively thinking about keeping it off the ground...it's on the ground. Unfortunately I can only think about one thing at a time. :\

I've made huge strides with the timing of my pinch, but that doesn't really translate to video. What does translate is everything else that's gone to hell while I've been concentrating on my grip. I made a net gain of probably 50 ft or so with a destroyer by adding a ton more spin, but I could tell my body was getting more out of whack, which is why I posted this.

Since I can only focus my mind on one change at a time, where would you start?

Try the first part of the Hershiser drill first. It should help changing your balance and stance.

There's no leverage from your hips or weight shift. You are starting your move forward before your weight transfers to the front leg. Your elbow is also bent after release, so there's extension missing. You need to stop your front hip and clear it back and brace your lower spine against the inside of the leg. Then throw and whip the whole arm targetward. The vids before still apply especially #2.

Get more athletic and whip(watch your head vs ZJ's head during the throw):

Clear your hips in the backswing and forwardswing:

Watch the lower spine remain back in the finish with the upper spine tilted forward and maintaining balance.

You are starting your move forward before your weight transfers to the front leg.

Dude. You just added 60' to my throw with a teebird. I threw one over the backstop that I sometimes skip into on a good throw. Almost hit my truck. Let's hope I can still do it tomorrow.

Latest posts