• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for the big guns

who cares about this back and forth crap... lets drop it and get back on topic.

I find that I get my best raw distance with high anhyzers... I can hyzer flip 400" occassionally but it's not a very accurate shot for me.

You'd think a 400 Inch shot would be pretty accurate no matter how you choose to throw it. ;)

i just throw my destroyer low and flat and watch it come back around as it finishes its run. i guess it ends around 400'+ i can maybe get a hyzerflip to go for a while. i have to use a valkeryie for it. what do ppl usually use the hyzerflip with?

For max distance I throw it flat and it will flip somehwhat understable but yet turn to its normal state of fade. The disc you choose ( I recommend either Wraith, destroyer, or boss) depends on how much of a power player you are. But power means squat without accuracy I know all to well!! If these discs have too much power than I can recomend better, but so can others, listen to them!! Good discin brah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hola
When you throw your longest on the course, are you throwing flat, s-curves, hyzerflips, etc? Lets assume that the pin is 500ft away dead straight and flat with a massively wide open fairway and no wind.
gracias
Jungle

Not that I have read anything but this first post, but longest drive based on these conditions? Massive forehand roller that flies in the neighborhood of 250' and then rolls the rest of the way to the basket. That might be a dream, but I know I can get forehand rollers further than any other drive I have up my sleeve.

overstable into the wind?...do you have those last 2 sentences reversed?

I'm sorry, the way I wrote that was confusing. I meant those last two sentences to be taken in general, not just specific to the boss. In general, you want to throw fast and understable with the wind and fast and overstable into the wind.
I would definitely not throw my understable boss into very much of a headwind.

Distance is all about form not power, dissapointed in this thread. Good guy looking for honesty! I throw 500+ on command not just luckily, throw the disc flat as can be to start. A good Disc will flip totally straight-slightly understable and travel unbelivebly far. S curves can be manipulates for similiar results but about 50-100 feet shorter. I speak of pro-level performance tho...

If you throw it flat as can be, how can it flip straight. That makes no sense. Coherent thought would be appreciated.

and hamilton he edited his post...he did have them backwards, you would hope after playing for 15 years i know what the wind is gonna do to my plastic..ha ha

I did not have them backwards, you cannot edit a post after it has been replied to.

blah blah...everyone else sounds a bit cocky to me after playing one year, i try to help people and get bashed. it is ridiculous..and rating means NOTHING as well as the over 100 courses i have played..but in 15 years i have thousands of rounds under my belt..and THAT is a direct link to understanding the game...and regardless of how i read his post and when he edited the incorrect information doesn't mean anything. especially when i learned wind golf years ago and play it constantly..it was a pretty simple question about being an arm chair disc golfer...there are arm chair players of every sport..several on this forum

So, just out of curiosity, do you still think that you are NOT supposed to throw overstable discs into the wind? I would disagree with you if that is still what you are sticking too.

Latest posts