• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

a Sad day Hillcrest dgc moore county NC

I can totally see the city, parks&rec, etc wanting this field/complex going in. It won't just get used once... they're probably planning on having some sort of event on the property every year, if not multiple times a year.
Multiple events per year = $$$. That's probably what they're thinking.
I'm going to assume that this was a free course to play right?
Money vs. No Money... we all know who wins that contest.

That being said, what happened to the baskets? Was the whole course removed? Do you guys have an organized club?
It was mentioned that possibly the baskets could get used for a 'new' course. Is anyone or the club actively pursuing getting a new course set up?

Total bummer but it is what it is. Time to turn lemons into lemonade and get the city to install a new course!!!

Good luck and my condolences!

The course will still be there with all 18 holes, but the front 9 is totally ruined. It's funny though, the park put a sign up on the first tee telling the disc golfers that the course will be better when "construction" is complete.

The course will still be there with all 18 holes, but the front 9 is totally ruined. It's funny though, the park put a sign up on the first tee telling the disc golfers that the course will be better when "construction" is complete.

I liked that too, but i did not see it until i walked back from two not realizing the best holes on the course were now leveled

--Sling I know you put a lot of work into this course what are your thoughts of turning it into a good nine hole course...and have you seen the res yet?

I can totally see the city, parks&rec, etc wanting this field/complex going in. It won't just get used once... they're probably planning on having some sort of event on the property every year, if not multiple times a year.
Multiple events per year = $$$. That's probably what they're thinking.
I'm going to assume that this was a free course to play right?
Money vs. No Money... we all know who wins that contest.

That being said, what happened to the baskets? Was the whole course removed? Do you guys have an organized club?
It was mentioned that possibly the baskets could get used for a 'new' course. Is anyone or the club actively pursuing getting a new course set up?

Total bummer but it is what it is. Time to turn lemons into lemonade and get the city to install a new course!!!

Good luck and my condolences!

the thing is the complex and park are already there. they just cut down a pocket of trees to make sh1tee parking lot for a week....locals would park on the all down the first hole to keep the cars in the shade during Lleague games, the original parking lot would be only a third full. we would just throw over the cars, but ever so often they would even park on the tee....no clue...better to be close to those bleachers and concession stands fat yokels

I just moved out of state so counts me out of organizing any thing

A 9 holer is a possibility that I thought about after seeing that they cut more trees than initially planned. The trees on the outside perimeter of the walking trail were suppose to be spared, so now that really makes a redesign very difficult as you have seen. Maybe the noobs will be satisfied with having a wide open section of the course that presents no challenge whatsoever.

I haven't been out to the res yet, but from the photos, it looks awesome. Any idea when the baskets will be installed?

wow ........have heard alot of things around town but this is a shock....hilcrest was the first course i played when i moved back in 08 , and is there really a course going in at the reservoir ? ........sling and 360...let me know if i can help with anything , got two kids but will help in my free time.