• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] A store that carries Discraft selection in the Carolinas?

ReedyCreekProduct

Birdie Member
Anyone know of any? The closer to Charlotte the better. I'm not looking for a little end cap of Discraft. I'm looking for a wall of it.

Thanks!!

well when I lived in charlotte the PIAS in Pineville had the best selection of DC stuff. everything else was all Innova but Innova does have a distro center near there.

really the best selection I've seen has been the PIAS off NC 54 near Chapel Hill. I haven't checked the ones in Greensboro. still the best place to look is the used bin of any of them.

well when I lived in charlotte the PIAS in Pineville had the best selection of DC stuff. everything else was all Innova but Innova does have a distro center near there.

really the best selection I've seen has been the PIAS off NC 54 near Chapel Hill. I haven't checked the ones in Greensboro. still the best place to look is the used bin of any of them.

Greensboro's is starting to get bigger shipments from Discraft now. They are also getting some DGA stuff too.

I agree. Play it again sports has the largest selection I've seen in nc. I was just at the one in gboro a few days ago and its about 50/50 discraft and innova. The one on pineville mathews rd will order anything you need and only takes about a week to get it. My question is where is the innova store the other posterwas talking about?

I need to check out a "Play it Again" store. I live in Concord, north of Charlotte, and we don't have one near us. The people up here are limited to the Dick's Sporting Goods end cap, unless they want to drive 35-60 minutes.

Plaza-Midwood's "Disclanding" store really spoiled me back in the day: plenty of Discraft and Innova. I hate to see it gone.

I agree. Play it again sports has the largest selection I've seen in nc. I was just at the one in gboro a few days ago and its about 50/50 discraft and innova. The one on pineville mathews rd will order anything you need and only takes about a week to get it. My question is where is the innova store the other posterwas talking about?

I think he was referring to Innova's distribution center in Rock Hill, SC. I don't know if they actually have a little retail store attached to it.

I'm working on it, hopefully soon I'll have a bunch.

If you get some, I'll swing by there the next time I head out to Cleveland County to see Grandma.

I had some early success with Discraft's XS, but I don't know what happened to it. And I enjoyed playing with a Comet in my early playing days. But a beginner friend threw my last Comet in the lake at Reedy Creek's hole 4. Since that happened years ago, I just haven't seen any Discraft ANYwhere. I like to hold a disc in a store before I buy it, so I've been limited to Innova. :(

Anyone know of any? The closer to Charlotte the better. I'm not looking for a little end cap of Discraft. I'm looking for a wall of it.

Thanks!!

I got the answer you need mah nigguh!

Omega Sports in Huntersville at Exit 25, next to Target. I have bought several Discraft discs there but now I just order 'em online. Omega Sports is too expensive in my opinion.:thmbdown:

Discgolfcenter.com is the shat. I would go with them.

I got the answer you need mah nigguh!

Omega Sports in Huntersville at Exit 25, next to Target. I have bought several Discraft discs there but now I just order 'em online. Omega Sports is too expensive in my opinion.:thmbdown:

Discgolfcenter.com is the shat. I would go with them.

Thanks, Chain! Once I get the feel of some Discraft stuff and figure out what works for me, maybe I'll start ordering it online--or just load up at bikinjack's store once a year.

Hey man, we need to get a solid 18-hole course out in Cabarrus County. Gotta get these Nascar-Joe's discin'!!

Ever been to Frank Liske park? There's plenty of unused space there for 9 holes, in my humble opinion.....

See above post. Some discs feel awful in my hand. I don't wanna go through ordering and returning, and I can't afford to throw away money on discs that don't pan out. I need to get back into touch physically with the entire brand.

Well that is all in your head. Save some money and the headache of trying to find the discs in your area and order them online. There are so many good places to buy online that also offer great descriptions of what the discs will do. Plus you can always read up on the discs here or on DGR.

Thanks, Chain! Once I get the feel of some Discraft stuff and figure out what works for me, maybe I'll start ordering it online--or just load up at bikinjack's store once a year.

Hey man, we need to get a solid 18-hole course out in Cabarrus County. Gotta get these Nascar-Joe's discin'!!

Ever been to Frank Liske park? There's plenty of unused space there for 9 holes, in my humble opinion.....

No problem.... Where is Frank Liske at?

I am just WAITIN' for N. Cab to be extended to an 18 holer. When it does, I shall be out there quite a bit.:D

Well that is all in your head. Save some money and the headache of trying to find the discs in your area and order them online. There are so many good places to buy online that also offer great descriptions of what the discs will do. Plus you can always read up on the discs here or on DGR.

All in my head--NOT. Some discs feel right in a person's hand. Others do not. I see nothing wrong with touching and feeling something before buying it. Especially something where touch and feel are paramount to successfully using it.

I used to blindly buy discs based on what they said they did, or how others would rave about them, but then the rim would be too deep, or the rim would be too skinny, or the diameter would be too large, or the plastic would not have the right feel--once I started throwing it.

Not to mention, it's nice to physically compare various discs side-by-side before I choose one to try.

I can do all of my research, but THEN I need to see if it feels right beyond that.

What you need to understand is that haven't touched or knowingly seen a Discraft product up close for something like 7 years. I need to get back in touch with the brand entirely. If I order something, I won't know what I'll be getting from a physical standpoint.

And whatever happened to the sheer joy of just checking out a bunch of new plastic?

All in my head--NOT. Some discs feel right in a person's hand. Others do not. I see nothing wrong with touching and feeling something before buying it. Especially something where touch and feel are paramount to successfully using it.

I used to blindly buy discs based on what they said they did, or how others would rave about them, but then the rim would be too deep, or the rim would be too skinny, or the diameter would be too large, or the plastic would not have the right feel--once I started throwing it.

Not to mention, it's nice to physically compare various discs side-by-side before I choose one to try.

I can do all of my research, but THEN I need to see if it feels right beyond that.

What you need to understand is that haven't touched or knowingly seen a Discraft product up close for something like 7 years. I need to get back in touch with the brand entirely. If I order something, I won't know what I'll be getting from a physical standpoint.

And whatever happened to the sheer joy of just checking out a bunch of new plastic?

Sorry Borat, it is still all in your head. Just drop a few bucks on a misprint deal or just buy 5 or 10 DC discs you would like to try out.

No problem.... Where is Frank Liske at?

I am just WAITIN' for N. Cab to be extended to an 18 holer. When it does, I shall be out there quite a bit.:D

North Cabarrus to 18 holes: Is that really still gonna happen? I hope they mix in some turning throws, like a longer version of their hole 6, and then a right-turning version of the same thing(but longer).

Frank Liske Park is on Stough Road, which runs from 49 to Roberta Road. It is 4.7 miles Southeast of Dorton Park, and a few miles Northeast(more north than east) of Harrisburg. It is in a Disc Golf "dead zone" for Cabarrus County.

If I'm not mistaken, that park has more land than North Cabarrus and Dorton combined. Up near the softball fields, there is an unused wooded portion that could hold a few fairways. And near the tennis courts, there is a rarely-used HUGE field with elevation and the occasional tree-cluster that could make for some interesting open shots. Best part is, the park already has some great walking trails on the perimeter that would never interfere with my proposed Disc Golf areas.

As it is now, the park is a great place to take out a portable basket and practice various shots. Or to just practice drives. There's tons of room.

Sorry Borat, it is still all in your head. Just drop a few bucks on a misprint deal or just buy 5 or 10 DC discs you would like to try out.

No thanks. I don't throw my money around like that. I'll at least see them and hold them before I buy them. So nice of you to be so interested.

Hey so that DG course across from the Winston plant o nConcord Parkway is apparently for Winston employees only. I got kicked out of there last time I was there after playing there a few times.

The one here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...726,-80.626259&spn=0.009236,0.013797&t=h&z=16

The 2-3 target baskets that used to be visible from the road haven't been there for a while. My guess is that it has something to do with Phillip Morris closing a while back(roughly a year ago?). So I'm assuming they no longer have a disc golf course there.

Latest posts