• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A tip I found to improve D...

I saw that picture of Macbeth too and I have been trying to get that same look and feel to my throws. I have a few other problems and inconsistencies in my throw I need to iron out as well.

Let us know how that works out for ya. I am interested to know how much that helps.

Using it I shot a -9 at Vettiner today. Parked #17 with a Hornet and was a 35' putt away from threeing #18. It really does help. As I said, though, I do need field work to really perfect it. I am getting more reliable and consistent D with it, averaging in the field yesterday ~500'. It gives a very different feel leaving your hand, so you really *know* when it's happening right.

Using it I shot a -9 at Vettiner today. Parked #17 with a Hornet and was a 35' putt away from threeing #18. It really does help. As I said, though, I do need field work to really perfect it. I am getting more reliable and consistent D with it, averaging in the field yesterday ~500'. It gives a very different feel leaving your hand, so you really *know* when it's happening right.

That sounds promising. I will add that to my least of things to work on/try next time I go throw which will hopefully be today :)

Here is the picture we are talking about. It was in this HOD thread.

2010PFDO113.jpg

I just went out with the ideas I learned from this thread. Mainly the extreme bend in the elbow and the "feeling"from grabbing my arm and whipping my wrist. It's going to take a bit to combine these new ideas but my throws seemed to hold straighter line and felt easier and smoother. I didnt notice any additional D though.