• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] A5

Snagged some A5s recently cause I'm a big zone thrower, hoping to get a straighter zone compliment. These immediately replaced my old Get Freaky. -1/1 is an absolute lie though lol. This is more like an "Ax3" would give the flight a 0/3 out of the box. The new Spectrum 500 plastic feels absolutely incredible. Obsessed with how it looks and feels. The 300 also feels amazing and is beating in beautifully. Only been throwing it a week and it's already the straighter compliment I was looking for to the Zone (probably a -.5/2 now). The 500 is still plenty beefy. These are going to be awesome to cycle and, depending on how flippy they get, could cover all my throwing putter/approach needs. Never did love discraft plastics outside of the Crystal FLX, so im happy to have another option. Seems like prodigy is getting their premium plastics figured out. Might grab a 750 for a beefy slot.

On Sale if you have Prime on Amazon, 750 plastic for 13.49, 300 for 11, 300s for 9.50 and 400 for 11.24

Snagged some A5s recently cause I'm a big zone thrower, hoping to get a straighter zone compliment. These immediately replaced my old Get Freaky. -1/1 is an absolute lie though lol. This is more like an "Ax3" would give the flight a 0/3 out of the box. The new Spectrum 500 plastic feels absolutely incredible. Obsessed with how it looks and feels. The 300 also feels amazing and is beating in beautifully. Only been throwing it a week and it's already the straighter compliment I was looking for to the Zone (probably a -.5/2 now). The 500 is still plenty beefy. These are going to be awesome to cycle and, depending on how flippy they get, could cover all my throwing putter/approach needs. Never did love discraft plastics outside of the Crystal FLX, so im happy to have another option. Seems like prodigy is getting their premium plastics figured out. Might grab a 750 for a beefy slot.

Got a 750 glow to try and it felt like a slick 400.
I'd say just use a distortion for the beefy slot.. nearly identical feel, compliments the a5 well.

That's almost exactly how I fell into the A5 and how I feel about the Zone and Discraft plastics, loved old Z FLX, Jawbreaker and Pro D but the newer stuff never took for me. A5 all day now, I've got 750 Glow now too and they're just like stock run non-glow 750 in flight, but they feel a little gummier.

On Sale if you have Prime on Amazon, 750 plastic for 13.49, 300 for 11, 300s for 9.50 and 400 for 11.24

Man, I was all over that before I saw this post and glad others saw it. I hope y'all got enough action. Things got a little hand for me because on top of the early prime day ****, there were 25% off coupons. These discs all ended up $10 and under. Got 5 A5s in the bunch, 2 300, 2 300s, and 1 500. I currently only have the first run 400. I'm droolin'. This order is gonna be fun as hell.

Attachments

• 20221013_005530.jpg
    20221013_005530.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20221013-005352_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221013-005352_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 13
Prodigy, you're crazy, but I love you just the same.

I knew the A4 and A5 were different, but it wasn't until I put them side by side and compared profiles that I realized that they are in fact VERY different, and yet both feel amazing.

Prodigy afficionados, how do you think the A4 and A5 differ, beyond shape? Do you use them differently? Which do you prefer?

I haven't thrown them side by side yet. Wanna acquire a few more A5 plastics before the ultimate test begins.

Pictured is a board flat 500 A4 (left) and a board flat 500 A5 (right). Could NOT be more different!

Attachments

• 20221017_111046.jpg
    20221017_111046.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 43
I knew the A4 and A5 were different, but it wasn't until I put them side by side and compared profiles that I realized that they are in fact VERY different, and yet both feel amazing.

Prodigy afficionados, how do you think the A4 and A5 differ, beyond shape? Do you use them differently? Which do you prefer?

I haven't thrown them side by side yet. Wanna acquire a few more A5 plastics before the ultimate test begins.

Pictured is a board flat 500 A4 (left) and a board flat 500 A5 (right). Could NOT be more different!

A5 will be more stable out of the box. Probably fairly different ground play but haven't thrown an a4 much.

My a5 may as well be a zone brand new

A5 will be more stable out of the box. Probably fairly different ground play but haven't thrown an a4 much.

My a5 may as well be a zone brand new

Yessir, and they are incredible. Can't wait to beat one of my new 300 Softs and 300s into neutral (and beyond?). That's why I picked up two each... and a 500. I'm now on the hunt for a 750 and a current run 400 A5, naturally. That's all of them at this point, I believe. I had the First Run 400 already (hadn't used it much but I am starting now). Unfortunate that there's no 350G yet, I don't think...

The 300 Soft A5 were so good at first feel that I got them in the mail Thursday, played average (925) in the first day of a tourney Saturday putting myself out of contention, and decided to switch in an A5 in for my Eclipse Envy for my Sunday round. Threw the A5s 6 times total before the round (my first throws with them) and ended up using it twice in the round. The first was an awesome 175 foot uphill forehand scramble, parked to save par on the hardest hole on the course. I am BH dominant and its very rare at this point for me to use forehands in rated rounds, although I've been working on them a lot. This shot alone is going to give me forehand confidence going forward because its all mental for me. Second shot with the A5 was a 200 foot BH after an OOB penalty. Parked to save bogey.

I am sold beyond sold on the A5, ESPECIALLY the 300 Soft, but I haven't had the opportunity to really use the others yet. I can't wait to get these beat in and have every shot from 300 and in covered BH or FH depending on plastic. This mold is going to completely upend my bag. It's so good.

Last edited:
gummy

I noticed hot dying disc softens the plastic. I boiled a stiff 750 for a few minutes to soften it. Not sure how to stiffen a gummy disc. might try freezing it for fun.

Is anyone throwing these in 400 Glow plastic? I saw a few at my local PIAS and was intrigued as a Zone alternative for glow rounds.

Never been a prodigy guy, but gotta put in a word for the 3/22 Luke Humphries A5 drop after that showing at Waco.

Antilas and Humphries were playing on another level. That would have been enough most days, but it didnt stop Buhr from closing out like a #*(@ing boss while cheering and high fiving people fighting him for the lead on their good shots. What an amazing final round.

Latest posts