• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

About discing down

dpangburn

I have followed the advice of a few posts and have went to a couple lower speed discs, i was throwing a Pro Katana and a fast Lat. 64 i have since went to a DX Eagle and DX gazelle and Kite, i can throw these three equally as far as the Katana if not further. Plus they are straight as hell. Now the question is what is the next step to get to the high speed drivers.

You might try a Surge, they are very popular, and one step below the newest high speed drivers. My favorite in Z plastic.

I would say keep practicing with them until you get at least 330-350.

Try driving with some true midranges too, either a Roc or buzzz.
Get those cruising out to 300 and you should see your form clean up even more.

I like to do putter only rounds every now and then.

When you switch back to drivers after that, you really can notice the difference.

yeah, I agree, 250-275 is not the distance to move back up, stick with the gazelle and eagle until at least 325.

work on getting your mids to 250'-300. Surges don't fly right until you have about 300'-350' consitantly. Eagles should be able to hit 320 on a meager snap, 380' on a half hit and something like 430' if you can develope a full hit.

Check out "The Process" it gives some distances and to work on putting your putters, mids, and drives. You might be muscling it.

work on getting your mids to 250'-300. Surges don't fly right until you have about 300'-350' consitantly. Eagles should be able to hit 320 on a meager snap, 380' on a half hit and something like 430' if you can develope a full hit.

Check out "The Process" it gives some distances and to work on putting your putters, mids, and drives. You might be muscling it.
The thing is that if you do the work and get to where you're getting them up to, or past 350' consistently (which most people have in them) you'll probably find that you aren't nearly as interested in throwing distance drivers as you thought you would be. It's a little ironic that people disc down to try to learn to throw well enough to use fast discs, but in the process usually find out they didn't really want to throw those discs that much after all.

It's a little ironic that people disc down to try to learn to throw well enough to use fast discs, but in the process usually find out they didn't really want to throw those discs that much after all.

IOW Drivers are sexy. :)

The thing is that if you do the work and get to where you're getting them up to, or past 350' consistently (which most people have in them) you'll probably find that you aren't nearly as interested in throwing distance drivers as you thought you would be. It's a little ironic that people disc down to try to learn to throw well enough to use fast discs, but in the process usually find out they didn't really want to throw those discs that much after all.

I am a great example of that... I discsed down so I could throw my wraith stuff farther. Once I started throwing a TL next to my friends Destroyers and Nukes I didn't care anymore. Now I throw a Comet as far as they throw anything and fell in love with the comet, ridge ,and KC Roc (but I've always loved the KC Roc...).