• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Definition?

We call acing a short pin a Green ace. You don't have to pay $5 to each person in your group, but you are packing at the next safety meeting.

If by definition, an ace is a shot in a scored round only, then 99 percent of claimed "aces" are just deuces. I can't get on with that. I've never had an ace in a tournament, but had a few handfuls in casual rounds. I'll be calling those aces till the day I die, just try and stop me ;)

Not a "scored round only". If you're playing casual it's still an ace, but only if you'd write a '1' IF you were keeping score.

Does this count?

photo%25281%2529.JPG

It wasn't me, it was... Braydsworth?

So my one ace was while playing doubles. My counter part has joked it showed an ace on his card. Is that a shadow ace the lol. Maybe a phantom ace? Or just having a great partner. Just figure I would stir the pot some more and throw out some new ace names

Last edited:
Vicarious ace: When you happen to be standing nearby when someone throws a fine ace, and you feel like it could have been you.

Not a "scored round only". If you're playing casual it's still an ace, but only if you'd write a '1' IF you were keeping score.

Does that mean ace race aces don't count, because you score and "A" instead of writing a "1?"

I had a friend who putt in what was basically a long jump putt Ace on a 190 foot hole.

I wrote "nice putt" on his disc after everyone signed it for the ace.

Virgin ace?

What about the first known ace on a basket? Or first on a course? Are these virgin aces?

I've had a couple of those and it didn't feel any different. One of them was like 25 years old, too. Jukeshoe and a lot of the guys saw it. Spectacular.

Does that mean ace race aces don't count, because you score and "A" instead of writing a "1?"

ace race holes are made up tees that encourage aces. If it was not from the normal tee to the normal pin position it is not an ace.

ace race holes are made up tees that encourage aces. If it was not from the normal tee to the normal pin position it is not an ace.

Then why do they call it an "ace race" instead of a "not really an ace race?"

Maybe we just need a special name for ace race aces. How about "oppressed ace?" You know, because it's discriminated against on the basis of race.

It is called an ace race because you are taking one and only one throw from the tee to land in the basket.

But if they reduce the length of hole 5 from 586 feet down to 90 feet for one day and you hit an ace race ace, you can not say you aced hole 5.

It is called an ace race because you are taking one and only one throw from the tee to land in the basket.

But if they reduce the length of hole 5 from 586 feet down to 90 feet for one day and you hit an ace race ace, you can not say you aced hole 5.

Actually we took 3 shots from each tee today at an ace race. It was my first ace race. I don't know if that's common.

Latest posts