• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Pot for the "Cali" player

Yeah we don't split it here but I have in other places where it's the norm. The partner usually throws too if it's reachable and they aren't "busted".. haha some of us don't throw if it's close enough to putt due to injuries. I have had back to back aces with my partner on the same hole before, it's too bad you can't shave off an extra stroke :D

"So my ace wasn't good enough, you are just reaching in my pocket now... you should have aced the next hole instead"

Some days especially when the ace pot carries over there are multiple runs and aces where you eventually get more money if you bag a ctp haha. Geez I remember one time there was 6 at league, aces were paying out $4, ctps were $6.

Last edited:
Completely BS reasoning.

What happens if the first player aces? Does their partner still throw?
What happens if the first player aces but didn't buy into the ace pot but their partner did? Does their partner still get half the pot?
What about if the first player bought in but thier partner didnt? Does thier partner still get half the pot?

Ace pots should be paid to the player(s) who aced. Period. Whether or not a team splits the pot is strictly a matter between the players.

You are right and I agree. I didn't say that was my decision or reasoning.....that's just what I've heard people explain to me as a reason ace pots should be split between doubles teammates.

Yeah we don't split it here but I have in other places where it's the norm. The partner usually throws too if it's reachable and they aren't "busted".. haha some of us don't throw if it's close enough to putt due to injuries. I have had back to back aces with my partner on the same hole before, it's too bad you can't shave off an extra stroke :D

"So my ace wasn't good enough, you are just reaching in my pocket now... you should have aced the next hole instead"

Some days especially when the ace pot carries over there are multiple runs and aces where you eventually get more money if you bag a ctp haha. Geez I remember one time there was 6 at league, aces were paying out $4, ctps were $6.

Just ace the CTP hole

Sorry for the thread drift (not a doubles situation), but you made me recall my buddy last year hitting the final hole of the tournament for the only ace, on the ctp hole ...and winning by one stroke. Pretty high paying toss for a piece of plastic!

Completely BS reasoning.

What happens if the first player aces? Does their partner still throw?
What happens if the first player aces but didn't buy into the ace pot but their partner did? Does their partner still get half the pot?
What about if the first player bought in but thier partner didnt? Does thier partner still get half the pot?

Ace pots should be paid to the player(s) who aced. Period. Whether or not a team splits the pot is strictly a matter between the players.

Locally, club doubles have the ace pot fee built in to the cost. So if you're playing doubles, you are in the ace pot. Also, the wording for doubles states that all ace pots are to be split with your partner. That is understood before the first frisbee is thrown. People are cool with it because the people who play doubles in the local leagues aren't selfish SOBs.

Sorry for the thread drift (not a doubles situation), but you made me recall my buddy last year hitting the final hole of the tournament for the only ace, on the ctp hole ...and winning by one stroke. Pretty high paying toss for a piece of plastic!

Nice!!!

That's the full set here.. always a goal.

If you get two aces on separate 9's in a round you get a lava lamp.. I got one of them :D

Locally, club doubles have the ace pot fee built in to the cost. So if you're playing doubles, you are in the ace pot. Also, the wording for doubles states that all ace pots are to be split with your partner. That is understood before the first frisbee is thrown. People are cool with it because the people who play doubles in the local leagues aren't selfish SOBs.

Different places different rules... as always it's good to know these things. Ace pot splitting was surprising the first times I'd seen it though usually it was out of towners and a more formal tournament doubles... something where you could win more than $10.

Our ace pot buy ins are separate, some people can't throw that far and find $6 hefty for a round, some people complain about never winning, $4 for game and ctps.. like frigg man that's an extra beer... �� :D

Last edited:

Latest posts