• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace pot when playing dubz?

If you hit an ace in a doubles round, do you:

• Keep the money

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Split the money

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Whatever is agreed on before the round

Votes: 30 40.0%

• Total voters
Can't believe there is this much acrimony on how other people run their doubles league ace pots.
:)

I guess if it's a short course and an ace doesn't mean a whole lot I'd split it but you hit a 330 footer it's probably not because your partner laid up so you could run at it. I Hit one such ace on a throw-off hole to break a 4-way tie and I didn't split it, I guess he can have the money from all the guys that never paid up.

I've seen it done both ways but I'd rather see a reward for a good shot go to the person that made the good shot. If doubles partners can both grip a disc at the same time, throw it, and get an ace then split it.

When playing Pro/Am doubles, it seems that the AMs want the split while the Pros don't. This weaseling drives Pros from showing up and playing Pro/AM doubles which most places already have a problem getting enough "Pro" players to show up in the first place.

And, demanding people on your card pay you for an ace is BS! Last doubles Ace I had was worth $100.00 and I gave it back to the club. When I was part of the club, I kept up with the Ace Pot and the last one I paid out was around $180.00. I think the cap on the Ace Pot was $300.00

our ace pot has not been hit for a while...winter
we cap the payout at $500
there are 3 $500 aces payouts available at present

the standard agreement among all players on the $500 payout is $400 for the thrower and $100 for the partner

I don't know if we have a standard on the smaller payouts cause it's been a while

When playing Pro/Am doubles, it seems that the AMs want the split while the Pros don't. This weaseling drives Pros from showing up and playing Pro/AM doubles which most places already have a problem getting enough "Pro" players to show up in the first place.

My experience is very different, all the pro and advanced players at the league I play are in favor of splitting the pot, the only people I've heard say anything negative about that are newer am players at the league.

I'd never even thought about it really. I've heard it discussed beforehand. When my partner hit an ace yesterday morning I never even considered that he'd split it with me... Maybe I should have been begging him for change! Nah, he deserved every penny. Since the $ was skimmed off the top of pay-in anyway, and we won the round, there would have been no bonus for him if we split it.

Here's a question:

Do aces count for the ace pot in a playoff?
No one else in the field gets extra chances to get the ace.
DSCJNKY
Not in our case , many of us were all in of 5 for an ace whenever we were playing, the dubs money is totally separate from that. If my partner in dubs hits an ace it's an ace and everyone who's in owes 5, it's not even part of the dubs. I suppose you call these things before the flip. I guess I should have just said no but I wanted to clarify that I wasn't talking about league or tournament, just all the people there playing who were always in on it by declaration. Why not when someone aces let all the others have a throw at it to make it fair, lol.

Last edited:
question does not compute.

ace pools aren't an option in doubles 'round these parts (at least not that i've seen)

:\ I would most likely just make my buddy buy me a drink as he talks about it for the next few hours. :\

What does you throwing an ace have anything to do with your partner????

I understand that teamwork in a predominantly individual sport is hard to grasp, but in the doubles leagues around here we play as a team to win on the scorecards as well as whatever prize may be offered.

Most of the regulars agree to split the ace pot before the round begins, whether it is 40 or 400. If I am playing with someone new to the league, I always ask how they prefer to do it. I honestly don't care what the split is b/c I've never hit an ace in a tourney or league play. This typically makes the newbies feel like they are part of the team, the league, and the sport of disc golf in general as well. I want to see more people participate in disc golf on every level. I want to see the game grow.

Although we are certainly competitive every week, we have a lot of fun out there as well. In my experience, very few treat this as a money grabbing business.

In our weekly doubles there are a few of us that split everything. We normally have 4 CTP's for $10-20. So before the first hole I'll ask my partner "splitting?" if he says yes then we split everything CTPs and aces. When I was paired with one of our Pro's he asked and we split a few CTPs, a few weeks later we got paired up and he asked again. I agreed and then proceeded to ace the 5th hole. IT was $160+ so I gave him 70 kept 70 and bought a case of beer the following week for any and all that wanted.

Now a few weeks later I was playing and we didn't mention splitting until after I hit the ace, and the only comment was "Damn I forgot to ask to split". I kept the money that time and Still brought and Ace case out the following week.

These two aces this year were both night golf aces. :)