• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace pot when playing dubz?

If you hit an ace in a doubles round, do you:

• Keep the money

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Split the money

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Whatever is agreed on before the round

Votes: 30 40.0%

• Total voters
I don't mean it in a money grubbing way. I have never taken an ace pot and probably never will. I prefer to truly reward those who are responsible, and hate some false sense of needing to spread the wealth (like our democratic human welfare program driven society). If my partner nails an ace, no way in hell will I ever take half of his money. He hit the ace, not me. And also, while I don't care about the having the actual money, if I hit the ace, there's NOTHING my partner could say to make me feel like he is entitled to half. He'll get half and every other friend will also benefit when we all go back to my place later, I grill some steaks, and buy the beers to celebrate.

Nightgolf Aces, sweet, I3ooI3oo!

I used to like playing Pro/AM doubles cuz its a nice change from playing singles. Yeah, there is some added strategy, and in a Pro/AM format that usually means the AM throwing first on all shots. One way around that is to alternate throwing first off the tee pad. The Pro takes the even numbered holes and the AM takes the odd numbered holes or vice versa. But, then the strategy goes out the window on drives. And, there are some AMs that take offense to anyone asking them to "lay up" so strategy on approaches and putts also goes out the window. So, usually what I would do when I played the doubles around here, was to do what the AM wanted to avoid any conflict whatsoever and have a good time. Heck, sometimes my putting would be crap or my drives would be crap and I'd change it up and go first!

The last doubles Ace I had was on the second to the last hole, we were -7, 3 strokes out of a playoff. We learned from others while on the tee pad that we had to make up 3 strokes on 2 holes. I went for the Ace, big horkin hyzer route that skipped in and then birdied the last hole.

But after being cussed out by a club officer and told "No one likes you..." I don't support any doubles, club or anything else DG related around here. I play DG with the people that have been playing with for 20 years, which for some reason the local club has a hard problem attracting seasoned players!

I hit one two sundays ago. $353 we have a mando split if both in ace pot. We agreed who ever aces also gets extra to replace the disc. Ended up I got like 180 he got 147. We also seeded the next ace pt as this is a personal ace pot not ran by the club.

Latest posts