• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ace Race 2010-Discraft Hornet

So for a person that throws a buzzz in the 310-320' range dead straight without any fade, will this disc be one that will fade at that distance? I have been thinking about picking up a wasp for a shot like that, but wonder if this disc would be just as good or better.

It will fade for you I think, probably be a sort of new Teebird-esque flight.

The 164g mid is still in my bag for some reason, it's pretty nifty for holes that I want to laser straight at something w/o worrying about turning it over.

Playing in an Ace Race next weekend. Doesn't really sound like many people here are that thrilled with the disc. It will be nice to go in knowing it's an overstable mid. I probably won't hit anything, but it should be a fun day.

I love the disc but I also loved a nebula. It is way more stable but out of the four disc I have I would say the 153 (that is a weird soft plastic. feels like flx to me. Looks different too. Foil stamp and words are just stamped into the disc) and the 157. I also have a 165 and a 175. you can also forehand them with a little practice. Also has some good glide. I play with all four in my bag.

Hippy007

Yeah, I don't see this disc becoming a workhorse in too many player's bags, it's just too beefy to be that useful. Might be a good mid for windier courses though.

Yeah it didn't make it into my bag. My mids are Buzzz and Drone, and the Drone is a specialty disc

It is my humble opinion after 62 throws that if you like steamy turds then this is the disc for you!

I don't know how they do it but they managed another highly inconsistent disc. Sometimes it acts overstable and turns out of your hand, other times it will flip and gently 's' back, other times it laser beams with no fade, other times it fades hard.

Oh well, had a blast with some cool folks and the minis are sweet.

It is my humble opinion after 62 throws that if you like steamy turds then this is the disc for you!

I don't know how they do it but they managed another highly inconsistent disc. Sometimes it acts overstable and turns out of your hand, other times it will flip and gently 's' back, other times it laser beams with no fade, other times it fades hard.

Oh well, had a blast with some cool folks and the minis are sweet.

I couldn't agree with you more. This disc is more like a Drone then a Wasp. Garbage. Put the Nebula into production!

I HAD TROUBLES> but thats just me

Playing in an Ace Race next weekend. Doesn't really sound like many people here are that thrilled with the disc. It will be nice to go in knowing it's an overstable mid. QUOTE]

I got 2 of the 175/6 weight discs by mistake. If you are not a superstrongarm, anything above 170 might be hard to control. The overstability allows you to drop weight and acheive the same result. I recommened any amateur/rec players to get one in the low 160s and one at 169. Those threw nicely when I tried teammates. No Aces or metal for me, one LEANER against the pole, but any hit below the basket does not count. Boo... Next year I'm down like a clown if it is with a prototype driver!

I also suggest training with a midrange (roc, buzz, wasp, or panther), look up the stats, and aim for less weight than you typically need unless the wind is outrageous.

I've played in 2 Ace Races so far this year and this was the ONLY mini at either with this graphic on it.
Rare, -or-, Maybe just a fluke thing, I don't...

That's a sweet mini. Mine's not like that, but it's cool. I just did a GIS for it to no avail. This was on page 13, and is totally badass awesome, even without hydraulic brakes.

MINIMASTER-2010-med.jpg

just won the New Haven/ Fort Wayne, IN ace race today with 2 aces and a metal hit using my 177+ Ace Race discs.

BANG DA CHAINS!

Yeah throw it how it works for you.

Take a few holes to warm up to see how it flies.

Because it really depends on the weights you get.

I've played in 2 Ace Races so far this year and this was the ONLY mini at either with this graphic on it.
Rare, -or-, Maybe just a fluke thing, I don't...

Thats the exact one I got and Christy got one like it but pink. What did the other design look like?

Took 4th in the Aurora Ace Race today with 2 aces and 3 metal hits. The disc is a decent mid, flies similarly to my newish kc pro roc, but it seemed like a weird disc for an ace race. It's definitely not the best for shorter shots, and doesn't want to hold different lines on sub 200' shots. Both of my aces came on hyzers that I put way out right and had come back.

is the disc going to be approved by the PDGA? i played and thought it was a decent disc, but not a great one. even if it does get approved, it will not go in my bag. i have a buddy that came in second at our ace race with an ace and a metal. he loved the disc and hopes it goes into production.

Strangely the disc is usually approved by now...maybe they have no intention this year?