• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ace Race 2010 - What's it gonna be?

How do you feel about the 2010 Ace Race disc?

• Total voters
I looked at Bro D's Nebulas and they reminded me a lot of a CRO. He disagrees but it is small diameter and has the same wing profile as a Buzzz so it may actually be closer to a Spider. But for me a Cro always flew like a Buzzz with brick like glide.

A very heinous comparison IMO. I'll concede that it has less glide than a Buzzz but the profiles are vastly different. Nebulas resemble a smaller diameter Core or Fuse while Cros are a lot more blunt. Tomaytoes, tomahtoes.

I think Cros are way more flippy than Nebulas though. I have a 166 Nebula that flies like a 175 ESP Buzzz if not more overstable.

The nebula was a wanna-be mrv;)

I can't really figure what it's gonna be. DC already has so many putters. Mid line up is covered too but I could see an updated hawk/comet but that's kinda a meteor(though the meteor is more understable than stable). Maybe a new wasp like disc since it's plastic options have been recently limited, but dc does seem to bank on the whole drone/wasp/buzzz. They have been known to use thier long range catagory but those discs are so all over the place(eclipse,glide,storm) that it's hard to guess:(

Am I the only one that wants (not for AR) an ESP venom...that doesnt break into a 1.0 instead of 2.2 ?

A very heinous comparison IMO. I'll concede that it has less glide than a Buzzz but the profiles are vastly different. Nebulas resemble a smaller diameter Core or Fuse while Cros are a lot more blunt. Tomaytoes, tomahtoes.

I think Cros are way more flippy than Nebulas though. I have a 166 Nebula that flies like a 175 ESP Buzzz if not more overstable.

If this is the case then I need to try a Nebula. I always thought this disc was just a slower buzz but same stability. Really what I am looking for is just something with the stability of a wasp without the wasp rim.

Am I the only one that wants (not for AR) an ESP venom...that doesnt break into a 1.0 instead of 2.2 ?

Really? My ESP Venom has retained its stability relatively well. It beat in a little the first few months but then leveled off. It's still noticeably more stable than a brand new Pro D. A gummy Sparkle/Z Venom may be something to drool over though...

They need a slower mid range with good glide that holds a straight to slight turn over line.

speed of zone but like an XD. faster than a putter but not quite a mid range. itd be great for an ace race. tons of lines to throw with alot of glide.

Plus discraft has nothing of this sort so itd work into their current line up well.

They need a slower mid range with good glide that holds a straight to slight turn over line.

speed of zone but like an XD. faster than a putter but not quite a mid range. itd be great for an ace race. tons of lines to throw with alot of glide.

Plus discraft has nothing of this sort so itd work into their current line up well.

and keep in mind it should be small diameter

do you not think the Hawk or Comet fit this role?

do you not think the Hawk or Comet fit this role?

Large diameter. too fast, not the same feel.

I want an XD style discraft disc.

A mid range/putter. with tons of versatility.

Good and accurate from 100-225 feet. perfect for an ace race.

Large diameter. too fast, not the same feel.

I want an XD style discraft disc.

A mid range/putter. with tons of versatility.

Good and accurate from 100-225 feet. perfect for an ace race.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

There is a local ace race coming up around my area Aug 7th so the time for ace races is approaching quickly

Any new info on what the disc might be this year?

There is a local ace race coming up around my area Aug 7th so the time for ace races is approaching quickly

Any new info on what the disc might be this year?

Z Flick SS

Latest posts