• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Format

S.Cann

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Could anyone tell me how Ace Races are normally run? I've never played one, but I was thinking about organizing one for a fundraiser.

Thanks!

Well thats cool that they will supply everything, If I had known earlier I might have tried to organize one for october. Maybe next year I can try out the TD role...but i would want to still play, I'm guessing that isn't allowed..?

I have TD'd two Ace Races and played in both.
I don't think I could have taken prizes, even if I'd won something, but that's just me.

As far as being a TD, make sure you look at Discraft's suggestions for making the Ace Race more fun.
My philosophy is to run it as professionally as a tournament, but work to make it fun and easy and keep the competitive juices down so everyone has a good time.

Well thats cool that they will supply everything, If I had known earlier I might have tried to organize one for october. Maybe next year I can try out the TD role...but i would want to still play, I'm guessing that isn't allowed..?

Actually I just played the 2010 Ace Race in Mesquite, Tx. and the tournament director won with two aces. We left before the prizes were handed out, so I don't know if he kept the package or not. I would hope not.

Awesome. What are hole averages on most of the holes anyway. Do they just play everything from red or use new tee spots or what

Awesome. What are hole averages on most of the holes anyway. Do they just play everything from red or use new tee spots or what

Generally you want to make sure each hole is ace-able....use shortened tees where necessary

Latest posts