• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Video: Nate Sexton 2010 USDGC #7 Winthrop

Disc Golf Live

Eagle Member
For folks who couldn't be in Rock Hill for the USDGC, here's a bit of the final round action, highlighted by a tasty hole in one. This is certain to be in the next episode of Disc Golf Live video magazine, which plays on many local access stations across the country. Happy to get copies of the show to anyone who can facilitate broadcasts on their local stations, and there are a bunch of them out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-3dEmQA75E

Be sure to catch Garrett Gurthie's putt on #7, forehand around the bamboo wall. Slow Mo of Nate at the end.

We're always looking for video contributions for Disc Golf Live, so if you've got a story to share, drop us a line.

Joe

Last edited:
Backhands skip into OB, not a problem for forehands (unless they bounce off the basket, as happened to Nate earlier.) All kinds of holes at Winthrop favor a RH FH hyzer to avoid skipping OB on side hills and what not. If a player doesn't have a forehand, he might leave there knowing what to work on in the off season.

I was caddying for my buddy Steve Rico and was standing right there as it happened... (I'm in the white shirt at 2:08).

Steve hits the pipe, Nate aces it, then Josh nearly smacks it... almost three in a row... all sidearm.

The day before, Nate hit the basket on the drive and his disc rolled between the bamboo and outside the wall for no putt at a birdie... The next day he was rewarded.

DSCJNKY

I think that may have been the only ace at the 2010 USDGC. I know Valerie Jenkins aced hole 1 in the President's Cup, but I didn't hear about any other aces.

Last edited:
I think that may have been the only ace at the 2010 USDGC. I know Valerie Jenkins aced hole 1 in the President's Cup, but I didn't hear about any other aces.

Actually Trey Johnson aced #7 on the first round of the USDGC. jedwards and I saw it happen. I'm still kicking myself for not getting it on video. I had been recording people throwing on that hole earlier that morning. I had stepped away for a few minutes, came back, thought about about getting my video camera back out and recording some more but got side tracked in conversation. Then out of nowhere this ace hits. A sidearm hyzer coming in from the left over the bamboo. It was awesome.

Cool, I didn't hear about that one. It looks like RHFH is the way to throw that hole. Or LHBH.

Way to go Nate! Nice job representing the Northwest!

Actually Trey Johnson aced #7 on the first round of the USDGC. jedwards and I saw it happen.

I saw that one too.
I was spotting on Hole 6 the first two days and at that time was over at Hole 7 talking with the other spotter there... and Bang! Trey aces it.

There was another Hole-in-One on Hole 3 too... don't know who?
DSCJNKY

I saw that one too.
I was spotting on Hole 6 the first two days and at that time was over at Hole 7 talking with the other spotter there... and Bang! Trey aces it.

There was another Hole-in-One on Hole 3 too... don't know who?
DSCJNKY

Now I hadn't heard about that one. It doesn't surprise me. That hole is just beggin' to be aced. I wish there was somewhere where the scorecards for each player for each round were posted. That way I could see the highlights and meltdowns throughout the entire tourney. I witnessed many a player crumble on #17.

I saw some kind of paper hanging on the tournament trailer that detailed the ranking of each Hole in terms of score, total number of aces, eagles, birds, bogeys, etc... for each round.

That's where I saw the ace listed for Hole 3.

It was also interesting to see that Hole 11 (a Par 4) played at an average of 5.3... while Hole 12 (a Par 5) played at an average of 4.8.

I don't know if that's something that can be found online, or if it was something they had just for the tourney???

DSCJNKY

I saw some kind of paper hanging on the tournament trailer that detailed the ranking of each Hole in terms of score, total number of aces, eagles, birds, bogeys, etc... for each round.

That's where I saw the ace listed for Hole 3.

It was also interesting to see that Hole 11 (a Par 4) played at an average of 5.3... while Hole 12 (a Par 5) played at an average of 4.8.

I don't know if that's something that can be found online, or if it was something they had just for the tourney???

DSCJNKY

That's some information that I would really be interested in seeing. I wished I had seen that paper. :doh:

Chicken?

Actually Trey Johnson aced #7 on the first round of the USDGC. jedwards and I saw it happen. I'm still kicking myself for not getting it on video. I had been recording people throwing on that hole earlier that morning. I had stepped away for a few minutes, came back, thought about about getting my video camera back out and recording some more but got side tracked in conversation. Then out of nowhere this ace hits. A sidearm hyzer coming in from the left over the bamboo. It was awesome.
I was filming this group the whole round. When we got to hole #6 I ran over to the VIP tent to get some food. I met back up with everybody at #7. I was eating a plate of food when Nate hit his ace! I had a chicken wing in my hand instead of the video camera. Doh!

Latest posts