• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2011

First Ace of 2011 tonight at the Sundog Tournament Series. Hole #4 at The Valley DGC. Used a trusty Valk. Was a frozen rope straight into the basket for a cool $271.00.

First ace EVER afte 9 years of disc golf. Hole #1 at Mooreman park in Quincy IL, 185 foot blind shot with my Star Stingray.

Didn't win any money, but the same Star Stingray won me the $140 ace pot on a ctp throwoff a few years ago.

Pretty much can't stop smiling. I should buy a lotto ticket.

I figured I'd post here since I got two aces this past week a few days a part.

Tricky hyzer lane with my Sentinel (~205) and a Flex shot with my FLX Buzzz through a few trees (~245).

Sean40474 said:
I figured I'd post here since I got two aces this past week a few days a part.

Tricky hyzer lane with my Sentinel (~205) and a Flex shot with my FLX Buzzz through a few trees (~245).

Give yourself a little credit Sean, the first one is more like 250 and the second probably 255

hit my 2nd ace of this year and my longest to date! opto flow, 387' #16 @ wilco. was a beauty to watch as it slowed down and went right in the chains from the right

cowace.jpg

hyzerflip anny dead center chains, kicked into the cage -- pure line, hand to basket, no tree.

i've had that disc in my bag for 5 years almost, since that event in late '06.
the stamp is my very first event stamp, and it's a 175g Omega SS from the unnumbered runs. started off very firm, it's become softer and flippy. i have several fresh backups, as well as some 2nd-string throwers from that run.

it was the last hole of round 1, and i tied the hot round. shot lights-out for my ability, best round in years i'd say. 2nd round, ran out of juice, jumped to near-last :lol: and the winners can suck my cash money

zj1002 said:
yeah thats a great ace to get. nice dude. got payed out the same as top Open!
thx. granted it's my payment for the stamp, but the stack of plastic i took home is probably more or less way more than top AM1.

that holy snake baby blessed me.
and g'damn there was some nice plastic there :shock: :shock:
3 Champ Glo FB, black Yetis, among others. Glo T+, FB, and SW :D got nice black/siver Vulcan for the wall.
also a Champ Leo that might go in the bag :mrgreen:

yep. good ace zamson. glad u took it all home,tourney aces is where its at! i saw that black vulcan,looked slick. i actually left right after 2nd round because i thought i didnt cash. low and behold,i took last cash haha. gonna have to square up with mitch at coto i guess. btw i scooped up a black snake baby yeti. sick stuff for the wall indeed

My friend and I were setting up baskets at local parks that would be fun for disc golf and playing holes and I aced a hole that was somewhere between 350-375. If you are friends with me on facebook there is a video. There was water on the right and a merry go round on the left.

Congratulations!!!! Your follow through looks good. The left arm seemed to be just along for the ride. On longer throws trying to max out your D you might want to try to move it faster than your torso turns so that the weight of the arm doesn't slow down the turning of the torso toward the target.

Just hit my 3rd ace of the year on Saturday, 2 with a buzzz (FLX and X) and a Sentinel.

Got my second ace today! Hole 15 at Moorman park in Quincy IL. 306 foot hole, uphill, turnover with the Beast, was thinking about starting to hyzer but was too busy going in the basket. I'm glad I broke the Ace seal this year!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=1572&p=99ee2473

Took 16 months of playing to get my first one, but only 4 more months for the second one. Aced #9 at Hiironen Disc Golf Park in Oulu with my trusty Grip-line Pure. Only 226', but hey, I'll take it :-D The hole in question: http://www.oulunfrisbeeseura.net/vayla.php?rata=hiironen&no=9

Latest posts