• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Got my first ace today! It was at my home course, hole #4. Its the easiest hole on the course, but somebody had to ace it. 155ft straight small tunnel with a ditch directly behind it. Threw my SS wizard straight glided through and crashed right in. We have a tradition here if you get an ace you give em a buck and my brother was with me. That means I won the ace pool of $1 :p

Pics
Hole4.jpg

Hole4Close.jpg

1stAceSSWizardHole4.jpg

I had 2 aces about 10 years ago when I was heavy into the sport.

My first was on a short hole in Greenville NC. One of those surprise aces, where you kinda pause for a minute, then realize "It went in!" look at your partner "It went in!"

My second was on hole 3 at Kentwood in Raleigh, NC. 220' slight hyzer that was humming. Had I not hit the ace it would have been in the creek.

Got my 2nd ace! It was at my home course Hole #5 175ft tunnel. Threw my beat Z buzzz. The disc turned just a little flew straight in. Both of my aces were in the same month, pretty cool.

I took some pics of the hole and disc I used. I also added pics to my first ace post.

Hole5.jpg

Hole5Close.jpg

2ndAceZBuzzHole5.jpg

Got my 7th career ACE yesterday at Bull Run Regional Park in Centreville, VA! Hole #2 - 161ft very slight hyzer. Used my trusty QMS!
- 4th ace with a QMS! (2nd on this specific disc)
- 3rd ace since May 8th
- 6th different hole aced

Hit #10 the other day, sadly also on the home course (all ten aces on two courses) Finally had one stick w/ the Z pred I have been using for the last 8 months, it had seen quite a bit of chains before.

Hit #3 at kentwood tonight warming up for Doubles. SE Rhyno that I have aced that hole with before. That is three aces warming up for doubles this year, you think I would learn to save them for the actually round.

I skipped one in last night, hole #11 at bryant lake. check out the link, it shows the hole really well. I thought i threw it too low and with too much hyzer. but it flipped and came back and skipped 20 ft in front of the basket and went right in. i had lots of people see it, it was truly incredible. throwing from the cliff and being accurate is not easy, too much nose up your screwed, too much nose down your screwed and the wind plays a much bigger factor. I used a 168 z surge btw. i still have an adrenaline rush and this happened at 8:35 pm.

the hole i aced, http://playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=bryantlake&h=11 the hole is different now then in the pic. there is only a basket in the short posistion but they move it back and forth often.

Holy Buckets nice ace! Ive only played that hole once and I dont think I got within 200' of it, let alone ace.

#2 Douglas in Springfield - short tees w/ deep pin position - Thru the Woods - Tsunami w/ Hyzer...

Worth a $100.00 at Leagues and a AceHunt.Com Bounty...

It's all good.

I got my first ace back in Dec. '04 on hole 13 at my local course (Tom Brown Park, Tallahassee, FL: slight dog leg right and I'm rhbh) off of a tree limb near the basket and in front of a visiting Ron Russell. He gave me a signed Elite Z Flash that I still have. Nice guy.

many a moons ago a friend of mine went through some limbs and what not and like a wounded duck his disc falls in the basket and he is yelling and running a muck like he did something special and everyone on the card just drops there heads... like are you serious and how long do we have to listen to your arse go on and on and on and on.

2 of my 7 aces have been lucky aces that hit off of trees and went in! one hit the branch directly above the basket and if fell straight down into and stayed.
The other hit a tree that sent the disc way off course then it hit a 2nd tree that redirected it straight into the basket!

First ace today!!!!! Hole 13 at Montgomery Hall Park in VA. One witness playing with me. The hole plays slightly uphill and measures 260'. Roc, slight hyzer, pure middle of the chains :D

Finally got my first ace of the year at Hyland Ski & Snowboard Area - Disc Golf Course hole number 7 225 feet with a Roc.

Got my 6th of the year an hour ago. Playin a round forehand (cause mine has much to be desired) and aced #17 at Beaver Dam. First forehand ace too, which was sweet.

pd

2nd ace today! 15 days after my first. Same hole at Montgomery Hall Park, #13, but this time from the blue tees. 340' with a 172 champ teebird. Released it hard and flat, and watched the hyzer at the end of the flight take care of the rest. Two other guys in my group. Halfway through the flight, one guy says, "That's in." :D

Just got one of the kewlest aces of my career, with my favorite QMS.

I got my 13th Ace today which happens to be the 13th Day of the month, and if I would have been on the back 9 the hole would have been hole #13.

This 9 hole course we play it twice to make 18 holes.
:)

QMS BABY!!!!!! 2nd ace on that QMS also.

Latest posts