• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Hole 18, Glen Hilton in Hickory, 07-20-08. Nothing buy chains, went straight in and hit low, i knew it was going in...

:D

Thats actually the 2nd time I hit that hole in the same placement.

Got my first ace on my home course. #5 at Buckhorn, short pads. 225ish downhill with a slight move to the left the whole way. Threw my old 168 black wizard on a dead nuts shot. Sad thing is that I was out there warming up for a tourney this weekend. Hope I didn't waste it.

Finally in the double digits on aces.

Today 7/26/2008 (Double the Pleasure Double the Fun)

At Pease Park in Austin, Tx

Aced holes 12 and 14

Hole 12 was a sweeping anyhyzer with a newly traded for Valk (sweeet)

Hole 14 was a skip Ace with my FLX Drone (damn Lefties hahahaha)

disc junkie said:

Aced holes 12 and 14

He was cheating on that hole 14 ace...that's a right turning downhill tunnel shot through a BUNCH of trees. Fucking lefties. :lol: :lol: :lol:

disc junkie said:

Aced holes 12 and 14

_Two_ thumbs up!!! :)

GorillaTactics said:
disc junkie said:

Aced holes 12 and 14

He was cheating on that hole 14 ace...that's a right turning downhill tunnel shot through a BUNCH of trees. Fucking lefties. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I second that. When we played together a few weekends ago he cheated the whole time by throwing with his left hand. I know its somewhere in the rule book but to save you the time of searching for it let me paraphrase.....IT'S ILLEGAL. damn lefties.

Way to go!!!

i got both your texts in the middle of a massage. :evil: :D Nice shoot N-come play with the BIG boys Sun. 8)

I got my first ace today!

It was on my home course, Bryant Lake Park in Eden Prairie, MN.
Hole #10 (old #6 before they expanded to 18 holes) which is a 300 foot downhill shot with some trees before the green you have to go around. I threw my 169 Orange Wizard out there and let it come back over the green. I thought for sure I had overshot the green (you can't see the basket from the teepad), but my friend says "did you hear that, you hit chains!" We both ran up and sure enough my disc is sitting in the basket!

I've been playing a little over 1 year so it felt amazing to get my first ace already.

Got my 6th ace during a tournament warm-up round on Saturday, August 2. Hole 6 at the Sheldon Disc Golf Course in Humboldt, Iowa. Threaded the needle on the hyzer route with my KY Wasp (178 gm D Wasp courtesy of ky chris.) Tried to duplicate this during the tournament, hit the gap but was a little long. My last three aces have been with D Wasps including two in the past two months.

I finally got my first ace tonight. At hole 1 on my home course. It's a 251 ft hole and I used my 172 gram esp surge. It was an awesome feeling.

4th ace, 3rd tourney ace

Maryland Monthly series at druid hill. I shoot -2 from the long tees to get onto the lead card for the final round. I s the bed and shoot an even from the shorts even carding a "1".

Anyway the hole is probably 275 straight up but with big pines on the right and open on the left. I throw an anny that starts into the pines too early, two trees later and im 129 richer (subtract 20 for the entry fee, and a dollar to enter the ace pot). Ended up taking fourth.....

Despite my finish my tourney play is really coming around.

progjake said:
I got my first ace today!

It was on my home course, Bryant Lake Park in Eden Prairie, MN.
Hole #10 (old #6 before they expanded to 18 holes) which is a 300 foot downhill shot with some trees before the green you have to go around. I threw my 169 Orange Wizard out there and let it come back over the green. I thought for sure I had overshot the green (you can't see the basket from the teepad), but my friend says "did you hear that, you hit chains!" We both ran up and sure enough my disc is sitting in the basket!

I've been playing a little over 1 year so it felt amazing to get my first ace already.

Nothing like a putter ace!!! And so early on it's amazing! Congratulations :-D

rKp: You're not a Roc thrower then? ;-)

uNicedmeMan: Played snooker? DG got too easy so you decided to combine snooker trick shots into DG? Showoff! :)

Not me, but one of my friends got his first ace after about 3 years of playing. I don't think I've ever seen anyone that happy.

pd

My first (and only, so far) ace:

MacPherson (Flagstaff, AZ) - 189ft w/ 167g Champ Coyote - blind shot skimmed the right side of a tree (one of three semi in-line with the hole) and my brother and I heard chains. Lo and behold, my Coyote sitting in the basket. I've been playing about three months, so I know it's complete luck.

My midranges are primarily Comets with an occaional Wasp assist. I'm kind of an underdog guy so I tend to not throw Innova so much.

But I took a Roc out with me today and aced... it's a hole I've been scaring pretty frequently but I finally nailed it.

Oh yeah- my inlaws were playing with us, too. It could be a good way to impress them except my father in law is waaaaaay competitive and now he probably hates me.

I've been messing around with Rocs alot recently and I can see why so many people like them. Even aside from the ace they have been pretty ROCk solid for me!

Latest posts