• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Acorn park- odd player I see each Friday

DinosaurThunder

Double Eagle Member
Has anyone seen the guy who runs through the holes at Acorn playing through each group? He has an odd system where he tees off on a hole, runs back to the previous hole and putts out, then runs a hole a head to tee off again and continues this routine through all 18. He can be heard with his signature phrase "hey mind if I rip one and play through with you". This past Friday I ran into him again and he said he has been doing this since '97. Has anyone else seen this guy? This was the third time I have see him doing this and it really slowed down everyone's rounds with the confusion he creates on each hole.

Have you asked why he does this? And to please knock it off? :p

Sounds like he has the standard "self entitled" 'merican attitude.

Someone needs to tell him that things you could probably get away with back in 1997 aren't doable anymore. Either find a less crowded course, play at an off peak time, or wait your turn.

Has anyone seen the guy who runs through the holes at Acorn playing through each group? He has an odd system where he tees off on a hole, runs back to the previous hole and putts out, then runs a hole a head to tee off again and continues this routine through all 18. He can be heard with his signature phrase "hey mind if I rip one and play through with you". This past Friday I ran into him again and he said he has been doing this since '97. Has anyone else seen this guy? This was the third time I have see him doing this and it really slowed down everyone's rounds with the confusion he creates on each hole.

I'm not one to advocate violence but how is it that this guy hasn't been punched square in the face already?

If I saw a guy doing that on a regular schedule I would not be able to resist the temptation to steal something of his.

No sir, I didn't see where your driver landed. Maybe you should have played it after throwing it instead of running off somewhere else. Maybe a squirrel took it.

I've run into this guy several times. He's always polite and he plays at a run, so I'm not sure how he's slowing everyone down so much. Friday he played through after I'd thrown on 3 and by the time I teed off on 4 he was already playing 5. While I've never seen what he does on later holes, I know he leaves his bag on six before throwing four and five (very short loop). I'm not sure why punching him in the face or telling him to stop is so important. I'd rather have strong conversations with the guys who play in groups of 3 or 4 and won't let anybody play through them because, "it's crowded." Even though there's no group in front of them and I'm getting to the tee pads about the time they are teeing off.

I'm not sure why punching him in the face or telling him to stop is so important. .

No, I'm not say that I would or that I would encourage anyone to do the punching. I'm just a little surprised based on the OP's description that it hasn't happened already.

My buddy asked a few weeks back and he said it was his work out. When he played through us this past Friday we were already walking to get our drives when he yelled if he could play through. We gave him puzzled looks instead of an actual response, it took a second to realize what he was doing.

It would be one thing if he wanted to play through with us and follow the standard etiquette of when to throw. But we had finished the hole and signaled clear to the group behind us before he came back for his drive after teeing off on the next hole. Just an odd thing to do at peak playing time after work.

I saw a group pick up one of his discs confused so I am guessing one or two have gone missing over the years.

He has asked every time (I'm guessing I've seen him at least half a dozen times) and he runs to his disc to get out of the way. He moves fast enough that I tee, let him throw, and by the time I get to my disc he's off the hole. As people playing through goes, this guy is one of the best. I'm not sure about the teeing off then going back to putt, I've never seen him do that (maybe he does and I can see where that would be odd). But, I know he drops his bag off for sections that loop so he can pick it up after running through multiple holes without it. Maybe we're talking about different guys, but I know I saw the guy I'm talking about on Friday.

I must have been a few holes in front of you, he caught us on holes 5/6. He has to be the same guy we are talking about and probably has a routine that he follows. We may have experienced a one off with him, as you have said he tees off with you and then finishes up the hole. I didn't mean this thread to come across as "attacking" him, I thought it was a weird thing to do at peak time. But hey can't fault him for wanting to stay in shape.

I've seen people running the course and I've done it myself (though I did it at a deserted course where I didn't have to worry about getting stuck behind people). It doesn't bother me in the least to let someone run through, it maybe takes 30 seconds for someone moving that fast to be completely out of my way. If I'm in enough of a hurry that 30 seconds makes a difference to me I probably don't have time to be out on the course.

It isn't me but it was me back in 03-04. I use to play with the guy at Acorn. Good guy, don't punch him in the face. Probably the same guy, you dont run into many runners.

Ran into a guy doing this at Low Gap (Ukiah, CA) a few times. My buddy and I were laughing our @sses off at his 'Extreme Disc Golf Skills' but complete lack of common sense. The course is a bit of a monster up and down the side of the mountain and some of the holes are blind. He was pitching his driver off tees without even looking, then playing through groups without saying a word. Must be his cardio routine ...or....maybe...just maybe....he has no idea how to interact in a (somewhat) civilized society. He almost nailed me twice.....and yes I had words with him in a very polite but forceful manner.

Latest posts