• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adding discs during a tourney

Its fine, I have done it during a round

Never heard any different and never seen a rule against it.

You can buy, trade, find, or otherwise add discs to your bag any time you want, no rule against it.

Yeah, you can change up your bag. I think that it's completely unfair, you should come prepared to a tourney, even going as far as placing just one special disc for one hole in your bag. If you joined a tourney and didn't properly research the course, well tough titties.

The only catch is that you have to do it in a timely manner. You can be subject to the 30 second rule, but that's the only real constraint.

I see it happen most often when there is a long backup at a hole. People will run to their car to swap out a disc, or even go to the flymart to buy a replacement.

Yeah..competitions like the Vibram Open wouldn't exist if you couldn't replace discs...what with TWO THOUSAND going in the water over a single weekend...

\/\/

Yeah..competitions like the Vibram Open wouldn't exist if you couldn't replace discs...what with TWO THOUSAND going in the water over a single weekend...

\/\/

Did you see that pic in the last mag?

The only other constraint I can think of is the disc must be uniquely marked, so you can even borrow discs as long as they're marked.

Ive borrowed a friends disc for a single hole in a competitive tournament. We were on the same card and he had a nice new stable destroyer i wanted for a head wind drive.

yeah this is something I think is a huge positive for DG. What it does is eliminate the excuses and whining about "if I only had this disc" etc. You make the competition solely about who makes the shots and who doesn't.

Plus, not everybody has the money or time off to come out to tournaments 2 days in advance and play the course enough to be familiar with it. I've played all my tournaments blind (that aren't on my home course).

I am not sure how much more clear every other reply in this thread could have been.
i had meant in between holes, if your car was near. not in between round one and two.

\/\/
where is that pic?

Latest posts