• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advice needed - cheap baskets

Portable? Permanent? Practice? Weather Resistant? Able to be Assembled and Disassembled?

Amazon has trademark Innovations basket for sale, already has dual chains for $79.95 pretty good deal for a basket with dual chains.

I think that there are a lot of good offerings on the market right now, but I can only offer feedback on the one that I own. A couple of years ago I bought a like new Innova Discatcher Sport. I went to the hardware store and added 9 rows of chains, and made a rubber bumper to go around the upper chain hangers to protect my discs as well as preventing the hangers from bending due to long distance putts. I have to say that my basket easily catches more reliably than the local park baskets. I don't leave the basket outside so can't really comment on how durable it is against the weather. All I can say is that having a practice basket available has helped my putting game a bunch!:thmbup:

Best portable for the buck? I've been really happy with my $145 DGA Mach Lite. It's not all metal, but it double folds nicely enough to toss in the trunk of a smaller car, and light enough to carry it over to the local HS fields on foot. Typically, I have it set up in the corner of the garage and putt in through the open door in all kinds of weather. Could take it out to the yard, but I have so many nice courses nearby, I usually can get out for a real round (I know, we're lucky). I tweaked the chains per a previous thread on here (they're closer in, but it still collapses properly). I've had it nearly four years & it looks like new. Not to say it won't weather a lot faster if left out in the elements.

If you are not in a hurry, traditionally there are a few very good Black Friday/ holiday specials on baskets. (Be sure to check Gateway)

As Sisyphus say, Mach Lite nice. I have had one in my work van about 4 years and holds up well. Very lightly oiled a couple times. Carry bag still good. Takes putts ok. Set up is fast with practice, but I find myself more often using a fold up chair or two as ranging targets if just driving or longer range practice.

Practice in the back yard, kinda keep me in the groove between visits to the DG course. Maybe semi portable to take to a local park for putting.

I'll second WPROCT's Innova Discatcher Sport. I've got 8 baskets, 2 of them are Discatcher Sport's. One of those has been outside for 3 years, has held up fairly well . We have true winters. I keep my baskets outside year round.

It's not easily portable, unless you have a truck or van.

This is the one I bought about 5 months ago. It has been great. I don't leave it outside. It breaks into 2 pieces so I can carry across the street to my little park area and throw 120 foot upshots and work on putting. I practice on it 3 times a week or so. Single chains only but catches well. For under $100 and free shipping with Prime, it's been great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014S0NZ4K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have one of these.
It catches fairly well for only having one set of chains, and I have read where others have added a set. It has held up to being outside for most of the last year in NorCal. It isn't hard to setup and take down if you want to store it or take it somewhere.

If the budget is less than $100, then I recommend it.

I think the MVP Black Hole Pro is the best bang for the buck. The quality of the basket and weight of the chains are amazing for the price.

I got this one: $110 shipped. It's held up well so far, although I haven't used it as much as I'd like. It wasn't difficult to assemble so I presume it would be easy to take apart and move.

Any thoughts on the DD Recruit? I've had my eye on that for a little while, thinking about pulling the trigger if I find a black Friday deal.

I think the Innova Skillshot is a good deal. Also, I added 8 chains on the inner area to make it a great catcher. after cost of chains +$35 or so. Skillshot basket is about $99-130

Latest posts