• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Airbnb Disc Golf courses

discgolfbandit

Bogey Member
How many are out there, what ones have you stayed at, seen online etc.

Airbnb isn't going away soon, so could it be added alongside camping as a search/listing feature for courses?

Not talking next too courses, on courses, especially private ones.

Can we expand that to pay lodging?

Fontana Village has a small motel and rental cabins.

For that matter, campground courses may have rental lodging, if you don't bring your own.

Flyboy had a B&B, without the Air. It sort of does, now, if you're lucky.

Boyd's Mason Lake Resort in Fifield WI has a private 18 hole course on its property. Its for guests of the resort only. Sandy Point is about a 45 min Drive to the East, and Highbridge Hills is about an hour drive North. Great place for a fishing and disc golf vacation! Its a bit pricey tho.

I drove by, but didn't get to play the course at GH Hostel this past weekend. I have played Branson Cedars which rents cabins right on a fantastic course. Lake Bistineau State Park has cabins for rent right on its course. Lake Claiborne State Park has cabins for rent with an excellent course, Whitetail, on the premises along with the Dogwood course.

Also, Selah Ranch has accommodations onsite.

I'll bet that there are plenty in this category and it would be nice to see a notation that rooms or other accomodations are available on the course.

I don't really know anything about Airbnb. Though, I have stayed recently at Seven Springs. A ski/golf resort, pools, zipline, mini golf, alpine slide and a handful of bars/restaurants on site. They have a course on site as well. Boyne Mountain is another, actually a nicer resort.

I drove by, but didn't get to play the course at GH Hostel this past weekend. I have played Branson Cedars which rents cabins right on a fantastic course. Lake Bistineau State Park has cabins for rent right on its course. Lake Claiborne State Park has cabins for rent with an excellent course, Whitetail, on the premises along with the Dogwood course.

Also, Selah Ranch has accommodations onsite.

I'll bet that there are plenty in this category and it would be nice to see a notation that rooms or other accomodations are available on the course.

Claiborne is AWESOME. The courses are top-notch, and the cabins are fantastic. Spent a few days there a couple of years ago with the guys for a disc golf weekend, and now two of us are taking the families this summer.

Sasquatch DGC has cabins on site. It is also close to one of my favorite courses Rockness monster (not too many courses with 18 holes on the "front 9"). Karaken is also close but I'm not a big fan of that loop.

The two places I've seen with Bnb's were

Selah Ranch in Texas - which has cabins and a big Bnb

Lucky Mud DGC in the south part of Washington - which has a big magical Bnb and cabins were in progress when I played.

Both places are super awesome disc golf and though I only stayed at Selah, I would definitely recommend staying at both.
I'm not sure if either is on AirBnb but they should be!

Erie State Park New York has Disc golf Shipwreck Bluff and has huge cabins and can fit about 6 if 2 of them do not mind sleeping on a pad in a sleeping bag Price is not bad. I had my sleeping bag for the bunk when staying there. 3 miles from Dunkirk NY, no bead and breakfast but is not bad, have a stove in them and a fridge. They also have Swimming nearby in Lake Erie as well as nearby things to do in that town. As well as some food you will not find outside the Buffalo Area or same food made outside that area is nowhere as good. Also two Tim Hortens doughnut shops in Dunkirk.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7744 hope this helps.

I might add that Justin trails has a variety of lodging options from cheap to luxury. I stayed in an actual Indian teepee when I was their. Kind of cool, man.

I might add that Justin trails has a variety of lodging options from cheap to luxury. I stayed in an actual Indian teepee when I was their. Kind of cool, man.

North GA Canopy Tours has massive teepee's for rent on the property. The disc golf course is amazing as well.

Hmmm.....starting to think discgolfbandit is on to something, and there is, or will one day be, a use for an "onsite lodging" tag.

And perhaps "onsite camping", in addition to "camping nearby".

With some thought given as to how to deal with lodging that is on site, but not on the course. I've been to some State Parks that had cabins, and disc golf courses, but they weren't within practical walking distance of each other. You could stay in the cabins and play the course without leaving the park, but you'd find yourself driving back and forth.

Hmmm.....starting to think discgolfbandit is on to something, and there is, or will one day be, a use for an "onsite lodging" tag.

And perhaps "onsite camping", in addition to "camping nearby".

With some thought given as to how to deal with lodging that is on site, but not on the course. I've been to some State Parks that had cabins, and disc golf courses, but they weren't within practical walking distance of each other. You could stay in the cabins and play the course without leaving the park, but you'd find yourself driving back and forth.

I enjoy a nice place to stay. As I have gotten older, road-trip and multi round days take their toll. A nice place with a pool, restaurants and bars is always the best way to end a day. But, unless the BNB has multiple courses within driving distance, I am not that interested. For traveling, I always look for a nice place that is centrally located to a half dozen or more 4/4.5+ courses. So, unless a place has 4 or 5 courses on site, it might not be what I am looking for.

Latest posts