• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] aj star destroyers...flat top or domey?

Baughmanron86

I was just wondering if all the AJ *ds destroyers with the 2009 stamp were flat top. I was on ebay looking at them and alot of guys only have pics from the top of the disc. I was looking for one but really wanted a flat top.

is it a good run of destroyers? ive heard alot of guys say they liked the *ds better than the sds. is there really a diference?

Depends what you like. SDS are usually more overstable. *DS or AJ's are pretty true to the ratings.

There are pat #'s AJ's
Pop top AJ's
Flat top AJ's
and others.

I have never seen a flat top AJ Destroyer, they have all been super domey.
The Prodigy D1 flies like a beefy Destroyer

Bought a flat one a week ago at a local dealer cause all the ajs I've seen are domey. Flys awesome! Handles headwinds far!

Angry Jenkins were the best AJs.

no val jenkins destroyers are the best!

Nikon00002196.jpg

this one has medium dome!

Nikon00003846_zpsf3556756.jpg

they're out there - keep looking. i was at a dick's recently and out of the 5 aj star destroyer's they had on hand four of them were flat as a pancake.

i like them in orange. the aj on the far left in this pic is one of my many flat destroyers. i acetone aj's signature off of all the ones i buy. for me personally the disc design just looks way too busy with the sig and stuff.

yep, you can see some first run *d's in the pic also.

destro_zps36eb00de.jpg

they're out there - keep looking. i was at a dick's recently and out of the 5 aj star destroyer's they had on hand four of them were flat as a pancake.

i like them in orange. the aj on the far left in this pic is one of my many flat destroyers. i acetone aj's signature off of all the ones i buy. for me personally the disc design just looks way too busy with the sig and stuff.

yep, you can see some first run *d's in the pic also.

destro_zps36eb00de.jpg

if you like flat orange destroyers you are going to hate me!

i have three of the flatest destroyers orange xouts star 159! so flat

Nikon00003633.jpg

I just picked up a yellow AJ destroyer from dicks. It is very flat and a little on the stiff side. Most of the ones that they had were domey and/or kinda gummy in the flight plate. The top looks regular. On a side note, If I am looking for a beefy destroyer, Ill just grab my Tresspass! :)

I have a couple flat and a domey aj.

The flats are real nice and straight with some turn. the domey is crazy overstable