• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alas poor MacBeth, we hardly knew ye

Well I certainly hope so. Now I know its the internet but the OP here IMHO was just being rude.

No, just craving attention... and he handled his complete failure with grace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah the classic cycle of disc golf: one phenom dominates for a time, and forces everyone else to raise their game. I still feel (as I did last year when this same thing came up) that McBeth isn't getting worse: everyone else is getting better. Watch any tournament coverage. The shots that top pros are making are just beyond the grasp of many of us on these here boards. And they make it look so easy. The progression of the game in the last decade has been almost unreal and I firmly state that Paul McBeth was a major factor in that.

Ah the classic cycle of disc golf: one phenom dominates for a time, and forces everyone else to raise their game. I still feel (as I did last year when this same thing came up) that McBeth isn't getting worse: everyone else is getting better. Watch any tournament coverage. The shots that top pros are making are just beyond the grasp of many of us on these here boards. And they make it look so easy. The progression of the game in the last decade has been almost unreal and I firmly state that Paul McBeth was a major factor in that.

This is absolutely correct.

And it's not like McMilquetoast got caught banging a bunch of waitresses resulting in his SUV being bashed in with a Star Destroyer.

McBeth definitely made Wysocki elevate his game, after McBeth said that Wysocki always folds under the pressure when the tournament is on the line. Foot-faultin' Ricky soon learned how to putt under pressure and we know the results of that.

However, there is a grain of truth to McBeth losing a little focus with all that's going on in his personal life. Marriage is a big adjustment. And I have no doubt he'll settle into a new routine well and get back to his regular wins.

I wonder how much it has affected McBeth that he's not traveling with Sexton any more? Maybe Sexton's sage wisdom was the performance edge McBeth needed?

IF I was Paul McB -which I'm definitely NOT- I wouldn't take it personally. I bet HE knows how good he is and doesn't look at this forum to gauge his talent

WHAT! You mean Paul doesn't look to my opinion to determine his self-worth? Why, why, how dare he...

What's the internet coming too when no one cares whether you approve or not?

McBeth definitely made Wysocki elevate his game, after McBeth said that Wysocki always folds under the pressure when the tournament is on the line. Foot-faultin' Ricky soon learned how to putt under pressure and we know the results of that.

However, there is a grain of truth to McBeth losing a little focus with all that's going on in his personal life. Marriage is a big adjustment. And I have no doubt he'll settle into a new routine well and get back to his regular wins.

I wonder how much it has affected McBeth that he's not traveling with Sexton any more? Maybe Sexton's sage wisdom was the performance edge McBeth needed?

This needs to be put in perspective. Paul said that three years ago and back then, there was some evidence that what he said was true. The mark of a true champion is that they look at such things and step it up. Ricky did that. The comment isn't a negative on Paul, nor is it true today. One should admire Ricky for taking it and using it as motivation though.

2dgu7lv.jpg

I too, planned on bumping this thread

I can't describe how "in complete control" his game was today. He had what I thought was a kinda weak (for this caliberer of player) upshot on #17 (par 4), that left him a longer putt... really thought he would par that ant give a stroke back to Nikko (who had a pretty amazing 2nd shot).

But like a shark that seeks blood in the water, McBeast canned the long, uphill putt, and proceed to card a two on #18.

He bagged more birdies than an SUV full of hunters with shotguns and a duck blind.

He couldn't have had fun. He only threw 45 times... probably super bored.... waiting for everyone else to throw....

Came down to a clutch putt on 18, too. I don't often root for Paul, but I really did want to see the -18, so I was pumped when he canned that ~50'er.

It's too bad he isn't playing against the strongest field right now, cuz he is looking Prime!