• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alaska's a Disc Golf Mecca

SomeChump

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So I'm visiting home this week (Anchorage) and was surprised to see that there are 13 courses within a half hour of downtown. Not too shabby for a city of 300,000 people. My own city of 1 Million has two courses.

Now if only there were a way to kill off all the bugs and undergrowth.

.....There are a lot of Bears and angry moose up there too.

There are only 10 or 11 cities out there with around a million people and all of those have well over 2 courses.....fwiw

.....There are a lot of Bears and angry moose up there too.

There are only 10 or 11 cities out there with around a million people and all of those have well over 2 courses.....fwiw

Not true on either count. There are also much larger cities with no courses.

Anchorage has the best 9 hole course that I have ever played. Not to mention that it is one of the coolest cities that I have ever been to

Anchorage has the best 9 hole course that I have ever played. Not to mention that it is one of the coolest cities that I have ever been to

Y'all come on down to Portland (really, the whole northwest). Good times (and you won't have to look at Russia from your backyard ;)).

From San Francisco to San Jose there are about 3 Million people and 3 courses, there are more in the east bay but the bay area is dangerously under coursed. I am moving from San Francisco, which has GGP which is a great course but too crowded, to Santa Clara which gives me the 2 nine hole courses in San Jose, good courses, but it leads to a lot of trips into santa cruz

Yes the moose run a lil rampant at kincaid park up here. we have some great courses around anchorage hilltop ski area offers big rips and awesome views and kincaid does as well. proud to call anchorage my home! Just a short drive north is peters creek dgc and a lil further is alcantra in wasilla which is getting 9 new holes soon and to the south girdwood dgc and the alyeska mountain 9 holer. definitely check them all if u r in the anchorage bowl! Chance to see plentz of beautiful wildlife and u can play in the cool and sunny summer evenings as the sun almost never goes down in june and july its really a very cool experience that I'm glad to have on the norm. o ya and westchester is now only there for the winters

From San Francisco to San Jose there are about 3 Million people and 3 courses, there are more in the east bay but the bay area is dangerously under coursed. I am moving from San Francisco, which has GGP which is a great course but too crowded, to Santa Clara which gives me the 2 nine hole courses in San Jose, good courses, but it leads to a lot of trips into santa cruz

thats the problem with big cities with almost no public park space(per capita of course) Its hard to find an acre of unused space, much less enough to build a whole course

Yes the moose run a lil rampant at kincaid park up here. we have some great courses around anchorage hilltop ski area offers big rips and awesome views and kincaid does as well. proud to call anchorage my home! Just a short drive north is peters creek dgc and a lil further is alcantra in wasilla which is getting 9 new holes soon and to the south girdwood dgc and the alyeska mountain 9 holer. definitely check them all if u r in the anchorage bowl! Chance to see plentz of beautiful wildlife and u can play in the cool and sunny summer evenings as the sun almost never goes down in june and july its really a very cool experience that I'm glad to have on the norm. o ya and westchester is now only there for the winters

Being able to play a round in daylight at 9 pm would be amazing. I have to remind myself that it's probably too cold/dark to play for a good 4-5 months out of the year. We're spoiled in NOLA in that regard - warm enough to play year around.

Being able to play a round in daylight at 9 pm would be amazing. I have to remind myself that it's probably too cold/dark to play for a good 4-5 months out of the year. We're spoiled in NOLA in that regard - warm enough to play year around.

nonsense, we still play all winter long, mostly with a few more clothes and LED's on our discs