• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alcohol and PDGA Events

The rules primarily cover what competitors can and can't do from the 2-minute warning until they hole out on the last hole of each round. Park rules primarily cover the behavior of people in the park when not competing. If alcohol is not allowed in the park and you see a player drinking during lunch break, you have the option to report it to the local authorities not the TD.

Yes, we know all of that. The topic is why doesn't the rule prohibit drinking from the beginning until the final round of the day is completed?

People pay money to play and travel to these tournaments. The majority of them aren't cashing and they're there for the experience, fun and socializing. They're not bothering anyone and if they do there are rules/laws in place for that already.

I still don't see how you can use this logic to allow drinking between rounds but not during them.

I still don't see how you can use this logic to allow drinking between rounds but not during them.

I know too many that hid there alcohol and drink during rds and/or smoke the great green gonja goddess in the sky while playing regardless of pdga rules. I dont feel this is even close to controllable. You should be going to schools and speaking to youth about the effects of drug and alcohol if your really concerned. If the pdga did what your asking do you really think it would change anything. Maybe less would attend events is all id expect.

Why should anyone want to control what everyone is doing or not doing with alcohol? I have never seen it affect a tournament in a way that would make me think it's use should be banished from the entire event...

I know too many that hid there alcohol and drink during rds and/or smoke the great green gonja goddess in the sky while playing regardless of pdga rules. I dont feel this is even close to controllable. You should be going to schools and speaking to youth about the effects of drug and alcohol if your really concerned. If the pdga did what your asking do you really think it would change anything. Maybe less would attend events is all id expect.

I've admitted to doing it, at 8 am no less. And it happens in plain view at tourney central so don't tell me it can't be enforced. I guess the PDGA's bottom line is the best reason.

and ftr, I'd be fine with allowing drinking during play in B's and below.

I've admitted to doing it, at 8 am no less. And it happens in plain view at tourney central so don't tell me it can't be enforced. I guess the PDGA's bottom line is the best reason.

and ftr, I'd be fine with allowing drinking during play in B's and below.

Yep, the PDGA is raking in the money. :doh:

wow two circle jerk threads in a week on alcohol during dg. keep up the good work dgcr

Because why make a rule about something you can't at all control?

This is what it comes down to. You keep referring to "within clear view of tourney central". Well what does that mean, where do you draw the boundaries? Are you gonna have the td find volunteers to go checking behind cars for people drinking, or smell everyone's breath b4 the round? I mean what's the point of this little mental exercise? Cause td's really need more to worry about?

Why limit it to just between rounds? If you are a member of the PDGA and they don't want their members to be seen drinking, why not boot anybody that is caught drinking alcohol at any time, even if it is at home, from the PDGA??!?

:popcorn:

This is what it comes down to. You keep referring to "within clear view of tourney central". Well what does that mean, where do you draw the boundaries? Are you gonna have the td find volunteers to go checking behind cars for people drinking, or smell everyone's breath b4 the round? I mean what's the point of this little mental exercise? Cause td's really need more to worry about?

The HQ scenario was mentioned because it happens blatantly in front of everyone. Of course you can't stop everyone but that's a ****ty reason to allow it.

I don't understand why anyone would want to bring a Nazi like control to an event that's leisure for the majority of the participants.

Have a beer and chill out.

I don't understand why anyone would want to bring a Nazi like control to an event that's leisure for the majority of the participants.

I could have sworn it was competition. With money on the line.

Latest posts