• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

*edit* welllllll, that didn't work how i thought it would. oh well.

I'm still intrigued by an overmolded lid.

I think new companies are afraid to pursue them thinking they won't sell. There is so much good about a lid-style disc that you just don't get out of a beveled edge disc. It took me a long time to try it, but I'm glad I did.

Sooo...is there a special way to throw MVP discs that I don't know about? I know they're supposed to be the shizzy, but for some reason most of them feel funny in my hand.

For reference, I've tried A B A B up down up down select start, rubbing the flight plate three times counterclockwise, an indian rain dance, wearing two pairs of mismatched socks, rocking an inside out hat (rally cap), driving three different ways to the course, and carrying them in my putter pocket for exactly 84 paces...but nothing seems to work. Please enlighten me.

disclaimer: I really like the Amp.

I'll let you goons put it through the mill first, and pick up the revised second edition.

That doesn't happen anymore, the Tangent, Resistor, Servo, etc.. all the latest molds have been as expected and have not changed like the first few fairways changed shortly after release when they changed their process.

Sooo...is there a special way to throw MVP discs that I don't know about? I know they're supposed to be the shizzy, but for some reason most of them feel funny in my hand.

For reference, I've tried A B A B up down up down select start, rubbing the flight plate three times counterclockwise, an indian rain dance, wearing two pairs of mismatched socks, rocking an inside out hat (rally cap), driving three different ways to the course, and carrying them in my putter pocket for exactly 84 paces...but nothing seems to work. Please enlighten me.

it's all about the grip

masonic_handshakes.jpg

Disc preference is all up to the thrower, I hear you on the drivers and stuff but I love their putters. I am looking forward to the release of all of their drivers in proton plastic because I absolutely loath the neutron plastic and its slick characteristics when wet or in a hot humid environment.

Disc preference is all up to the thrower, I hear you on the drivers and stuff but I love their putters. I am looking forward to the release of all of their drivers in proton plastic because I absolutely loath the neutron plastic and its slick characteristics when wet or in a hot humid environment.

I guess I kinda liked the Ion...but not as much as it's cooler cousin, the Wizard. Kinda liked the Anode, but not enough to want to bag it. I'm assuming someday I'll find a disc to do what the Amp does...and it will leave the bag, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.