• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Alpha - Power Fairway

I snagged two Apex Alpha's this morning one 165g in light blue and 174g in red. I have been looking to try the Apex plastic for awhile and can't wait to get them. I have 3rd run sublime in yellow and that thing is awesome, nicely OS. From what Mint is saying this 3rd run of Apex should be consistently 0,2 across the colors. I could see one of these bumping my Teebird3 from the bag.

Fell asleep waiting on midnight... woke up at 5am, logged in and snagged

173g pink Apex
174g mint Apex
173g purple Sublime
170g pale green Sublime
168g clear blue Sublime

Really curious to see clear blue Sublime...

And even though it's a subject for another thread, what about that mid?!

Anyone thrown the glow Alphas, my 165 is domey and doesnt seem to have the same flight I was expecting.

Just got a couple of Glows (ET-AL03-18 and 165) and Pink Eternals (NT-AL01-18) with domes I haven't seen since back in the day when I threw Whippets.

They also threw in a new run Purple Eternal (ET-AL04-18) but that one was in a bag and was severely puddle-topped.

Been trying the Alpha for the past couple of weeks in some open fields. This disc has a nice flight to it, but man they have huge domes. They aren't necessarily uncomfortable, but they also aren't as comfortable as my QOLF. I've tried three: 2 glows, and one regular Eternal. Similar flight to my QOLF, and they don't really do anything that makes me want to make the switch. Great mold, and the team at Mint Discs seems to be doing things the right way, but I'm probably not going to be bagging the Alpha. I will probably try the Bobcat though.

I found an Alpha on the course once. I couldn't throw it. My arm wasn't big enough for it. I left it for the next guy.:)

does anyone know if there are any more first run nocturnal alphas out there? i'm looking for the one with the closed mason jar.

does anyone know if there are any more first run nocturnal alphas out there? i'm looking for the one with the closed mason jar.

best bet is to hop on facebook and check out the mint groups. there are some that come up fs and a friend has some live oak stamped nocturnal(i believe 1st runs)

mint discs fan page
mint discs collectors
mint discs buy/sell/trade

Found a lightly worn 173g Eternal AL02-17 at PIAS, looks like candy colored. Looked and felt beefy before I threw it, confirmed beefy after throwing in the field today. Definitely wants some power, my initial flight numbers would be 8/4.5/0/2.5. Beautifully flat, firm and grippy plastic. I don't have big power but was throwing it about 300 BH and FH, had to force flex it BH. Kinda loved it as an OS fast fairway, I guess I'd be chasing ghosts trying to find more of this particular run?

Found a lightly worn 173g Eternal AL02-17 at PIAS, looks like candy colored. Looked and felt beefy before I threw it, confirmed beefy after throwing in the field today. Definitely wants some power, my initial flight numbers would be 8/4.5/0/2.5. Beautifully flat, firm and grippy plastic. I don't have big power but was throwing it about 300 BH and FH, had to force flex it BH. Kinda loved it as an OS fast fairway, I guess I'd be chasing ghosts trying to find more of this particular run?

Or paying 50 bucks a pop.

If I recall correctly the second run Eternal Alphas were sold in pearly and candy green, pearly and candy pink, and light blue. So, yours sounds like a transitional color, meaning there are probably few of them.

Most of the Alphas on the market now are from the 3rd and 4th runs. So, yes, ghosts.

If I recall correctly the second run Eternal Alphas were sold in pearly and candy green, pearly and candy pink, and light blue. So, yours sounds like a transitional color, meaning there are probably few of them.

Most of the Alphas on the market now are from the 3rd and 4th runs. So, yes, ghosts.

Sounds like a transitional color...why?

yep, those are the candies and slightly more firm than the usual runs and are a favorite among the mint fans, expect to pay 30+ per. there are 3rd run eternals that fly similar, 3rd run sublimes with the werewolf on the front, those are actually a little more overstable. 3rd run apex is a little less stable than those candies but they fly good enough that you can flex them easily and have more glide than those candies.

if you do not have the power but enjoy flexing them out, any of the recent runs will work for you if you dont mind the dome.the 4th run candy purps are the only ones that came out flatter than the rest.

1 last one you can get, for stock price, are the recent 4th run candy purples. they are light weight(165-169ish) but are firm, semi flat to moderate dome and nice and overstable. its one of the slept on colors of this recent run and i bag them at 166 and still holds for me in any wind.

do not be scared of the light weights, they will surprise you that they arent understable :D

3rd run eternals:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/s...nal-plastic-et-al03-18?variant=12557934592085

3rd run apex:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/shop-all/products/apex-plastic-ap-al03-18?variant=21299594494037

4th run candy purple:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/s...nal-plastic-et-al04-18?variant=21299655016533

yep, those are the candies and slightly more firm than the usual runs and are a favorite among the mint fans, expect to pay 30+ per. there are 3rd run eternals that fly similar, 3rd run sublimes with the werewolf on the front, those are actually a little more overstable. 3rd run apex is a little less stable than those candies but they fly good enough that you can flex them easily and have more glide than those candies.

if you do not have the power but enjoy flexing them out, any of the recent runs will work for you if you dont mind the dome.the 4th run candy purps are the only ones that came out flatter than the rest.

1 last one you can get, for stock price, are the recent 4th run candy purples. they are light weight(165-169ish) but are firm, semi flat to moderate dome and nice and overstable. its one of the slept on colors of this recent run and i bag them at 166 and still holds for me in any wind.

do not be scared of the light weights, they will surprise you that they arent understable :D

3rd run eternals:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/s...nal-plastic-et-al03-18?variant=12557934592085

3rd run apex:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/shop-all/products/apex-plastic-ap-al03-18?variant=21299594494037

4th run candy purple:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/s...nal-plastic-et-al04-18?variant=21299655016533

Any 4th runs come out as neutral flyers? I fell in love with alphas when I randomly bought a pearly green and pink for 20 bucks shipped. I set the bar way too high from the beginning.

Latest posts