• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Alpha - Power Fairway

The pearly green eternal is really growing on me. Surprising distance potential and very accurate. I've had two near aces with mine already. I took advantage of the 20% off sale over the weekend to grab a few backups and some candy pink x-outs as a more stable compliment. Fingers crossed these x-outs aren't too terribly goobered. Planning to try a few rounds with a beat pinnacle patriot -> fresh pinnacle patriot -> green pearly eternal alpha -> candy pink alpha for my driver lineup.

The pearly green eternal is really growing on me. Surprising distance potential and very accurate. I've had two near aces with mine already. I took advantage of the 20% off sale over the weekend to grab a few backups and some candy pink x-outs as a more stable compliment. Fingers crossed these x-outs aren't too terribly goobered. Planning to try a few rounds with a beat pinnacle patriot -> fresh pinnacle patriot -> green pearly eternal alpha -> candy pink alpha for my driver lineup.

A large majority of our x-outs are stamp drop outs that weren't good enough to sell full retail. To most people they won't even notice the difference. We don't resell many that have obvious molding imperfections.

A large majority of our x-outs are stamp drop outs that weren't good enough to sell full retail. To most people they won't even notice the difference. We don't resell many that have obvious molding imperfections.

That is good to hear. Definitely enjoying this mold a lot. You guys did a great job with this one, for sure.

I posted a pic in the other thread here that shows a little bit of stamp drop out. I've bought full price from other companies with a lot worse.

I posted a pic in the other thread here that shows a little bit of stamp drop out. I've bought full price from other companies with a lot worse.

You can thank my MINT partner Guy for that haha :)

He come's at this from a collector background so he rejects a lot of stamps with that mentality. He wants every customer to have zero reason to dislike the disc. Everyone item we sell, stock to limited run, should be a special thing the customer gets. Its a nice balance when I came from the retail sales background at DN with the mentality of sell sell sell.

My Alphas arrived yesterday and the x-outs are in great shape. Very slight stamp dropout like you guys said - otherwise they look perfect.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting out to the course and seeing how the candy pink compliments the pearly green I'm already enjoying. The Alpha is making my Rivals very, very nervous. Plus, it is pretty cool supporting a small company from my home state!

My Alphas arrived yesterday and the x-outs are in great shape. Very slight stamp dropout like you guys said - otherwise they look perfect.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting out to the course and seeing how the candy pink compliments the pearly green I'm already enjoying. The Alpha is making my Rivals very, very nervous. Plus, it is pretty cool supporting a small company from my home state!

Purple Apex will DEFINITELY put that Rival in jeopardy

Not sure how my non X out made it past QC then, I got a blue eternal Halloween wolf stamp alpha and the top of the flight plate has odd looking scuffs not sure if they were from molding or actually being scuffed. Not once even from brick and mortars have I got a disc that looked that bad.

Not sure how my non X out made it past QC then, I got a blue eternal Halloween wolf stamp alpha and the top of the flight plate has odd looking scuffs not sure if they were from molding or actually being scuffed. Not once even from brick and mortars have I got a disc that looked that bad.

I wouldnt know with out seeing a pic. Have you reached out to us about this yet? We stand behind our stuff so if you arent happy shoot us an email. [email protected]

Just picked up a couple of used alphas in the marketplace. Def. excited. Hoping to clear out my teebird and possibly thunderbird with these beasts. One pearl green eternal, and 1 pearl pink eternal.

I was in Austin this past weekend playing some courses and decided to pick up an Alpha since I'd heard such good things about it. It flies just what the numbers say, but what I'm most impressed with is the consistency of the release. No matter if I go full power on it or if I take a lot off, it comes out in the exact same direction every time. This may not be a huge deal for more experienced players, but for me it was absolutely game changing. Austin has a lot of tight courses, and I think I was throwing the Alpha off more than half of the tees just because I was so confident I was going to hit the tunnel with it.

I'm not sure what it is that makes me so consistent with the Alpha, but I'm in love.

What do the AP-AL02-17 oranges in the 167-170g range fly like?

I am currently bagging three Alphas: a purple 173 gm Apex, an orange 167 gm Apex, and a green (cloudy, not clear; they are different)173 gm Eternal.

Straight out of the box, I have found the three discs to be similar, flying like equivalent weight DX Teebirds, or like Star Teebirds at about 160 (or less) gm. You probably know that the new 170ish gm Star Teebirds nowadays start out very high speed stable, with some low speed fade, and break in very slowly to great straight fliers. Most all the Alphas I have thrown so far have some slight turn to them immediately, which makes them easier to get bigger distance from right away (the exceptions perhaps being the yellow Apex and Clear green Eternal).

I have not used my Alphas enough yet to have broken them in significantly, so I cannot say what they will be like after say a year of use.

Alphas has been characterized by Mint Discs as "power fairways". I am not sure what they mean by this precisely, but know that I do not throw them as hard as I do equivalent weight Teebirds, which I generally can throw very hard because Star Teebirds are so stable. James Conrad mashes on Teebirds. I do not believe that Alphas could handle that power, but that's okay, because I do not have that arm speed.

I am currently bagging three Alphas: a purple 173 gm Apex, an orange 167 gm Apex, and a green (cloudy, not clear; they are different)173 gm Eternal.

Straight out of the box, I have found the three discs to be similar, flying like equivalent weight DX Teebirds, or like Star Teebirds at about 160 (or less) gm. You probably know that the new 170ish gm Star Teebirds nowadays start out very high speed stable, with some low speed fade, and break in very slowly to great straight fliers. Most all the Alphas I have thrown so far have some slight turn to them immediately, which makes them easier to get bigger distance from right away (the exceptions perhaps being the yellow Apex and Clear green Eternal).

I have not used my Alphas enough yet to have broken them in significantly, so I cannot say what they will be like after say a year of use.

Alphas has been characterized by Mint Discs as "power fairways". I am not sure what they mean by this precisely, but know that I do not throw them as hard as I do equivalent weight Teebirds, which I generally can throw very hard because Star Teebirds are so stable. James Conrad mashes on Teebirds. I do not believe that Alphas could handle that power, but that's okay, because I do not have that arm speed.

The second run was considerably straighter than the 1st and 3rd. We put the name power on it so that people would throw it hard. Its not really a finesse driver, so we wanted to make that clear.

Check out the 3rd Run flight here https://youtu.be/Hy8NbVai7Ks

Its a lot more stable than the 2nd run. But that is why we do the Serial #, to help people sort the differences in stability, because they naturally exist in this industry.

The second run was considerably straighter than the 1st and 3rd. We put the name power on it so that people would throw it hard. Its not really a finesse driver, so we wanted to make that clear.

Check out the 3rd Run flight here https://youtu.be/Hy8NbVai7Ks

Its a lot more stable than the 2nd run. But that is why we do the Serial #, to help people sort the differences in stability, because they naturally exist in this industry.

They looked pretty flexy. Where are they on a 1 to 10 firmness scale?

I handled a pile of the 3rd run Werewolf Sublimes.

There is a fair amount of dome in these discs. A comparison of the amount of dome (from most to least) on each:

Red > blue = yellow > black > copper

Even the copper Sublimes have more dome than many of the discs from the three plastics in the Second Run.

This is not a judgement on whether this is good or bad; just an observation.

They looked pretty flexy. Where are they on a 1 to 10 firmness scale?

To me they feel a lot like Lat64's Gold Line plastic, or like some Star plastic runs. So, not stiff certainly, but not really as flexible as the video might have led you to believe.

Man, was going to throw my 2nd run orange today, but then it rained....

Latest posts