• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alternatives to the Eagle/TeeBird Combo?

Sean_WV

Par Member
I've seen a lot of people using and recommending both of these discs in their Fairway set-up, but I was curious as to what some of you may use for the same sort of shots? Currently in terms of Fairway Drivers, I am throwing a Champ Leopard and a GL River. Perhaps a Track or something would fit well? I'm not sure, let me know what you guys think.

Legacy Patriot and Rival are the only two fairway drivers I throw anymore. They kicked every other fairway driver out of the bag. Pinnacle plastic and Icon Plastic. Best fairway drivers I have ever thrown. Patriot can work hyzer flips, dead straight shots, tailwinds, turnovers. Rival fills the stable roll with flex shots, straight with fade, head winds, fairway FH shots. They also fly farther for me than the T Birds and TLs they replaced. Just my opinion.

I'm getting ready to go back to using my Stalker/River combo. I have my Trident for when the wind gets hairy.

I've heard good things about the Rival/Patriot combo so that would probably be a good combo to have.