• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I a bagger?

This is why the PDGA should just move to referring to divisions by their color:]

Racist!

The reason for "taking your lumps" in a higher division is the differance in how the upper players play the game, not how well they play it. While not always the case, in general the people playing higher divisions have a better grip on rules and respecting the other players.

So play up so you can play with guys who know the rules? I mean I just learned the rules by reading the 15 page rulebook which seems like it would be an easier and cheaper way to learn them.

Holy s... I agree with Frank.

1) The names are stupid. INT and ADV are good but REC and NOV are dumb
2) If you are an 800 rated player you are a MA3/4 player. Period, thats it...why go play INT which just about always means long tees when you suck...I play par golf from the red tees, +8 to +10 golf from the blues. I don't get better, I get frustrated when I play them.

I never said anything about taking lumps. So... I did not miss any post. I just think baggers suck and novice is for people who have not played 10 or even 1 year of DG. If you have played that long you are not new to the sport. If we have a novice division full of 10 yr veterans why would anyone come play that is new to the sport.

Well bill I say get off the computer and practice. The names are intended to get new players to play tournaments with us.

I never said anything about taking lumps. So... I did not miss any post. I just think baggers suck and novice is for people who have not played 10 or even 1 year of DG. If you have played that long you are not new to the sport. If we have a novice division full of 10 yr veterans why would anyone come play that is new to the sport.

You agreed that it was a good idea.

Amen Discchainbasket18. Take your lumps!

So, if I have been playing ten years but am rated 750 I should have to play INT? Are you suggesting we institute a years playing requirement to the divisions?

Well bill I say get off the computer and practice. The names are intended to get new players to play tournaments with us.

I notice that your suggestion for everyone who is not very good is to go out and play like they can't possibly be at work or at home watching their kids or have other limiting factors in their life. Or maybe you think Skinner and Bill both have just been sitting around posting and not trying to improve their game ever and by seeing your post of "get out and play" they will facepalm and say "it all makes sense now. I should try to improve my DG game" and then they will become great Adv players overnight.

Well bill I say get off the computer and practice. The names are intended to get new players to play tournaments with us

Sorry I am broken, but I am playing a round today, off-hand 1 disc, probably 600 rated if I am lucky. I have been playing a year and am 830 rated, I played several tournaments with a bad shoulder not realizing that was the problem so it dropped from a mighty 833.

Also I am employed...I know its a weird thing these days.

So, while your sage advice is welcome, I will continue doing what I am doing and when I get better.

With an 889 rating you would probably be mid to back of pack intermediate here, how do you score in tournaments?

So do you really think that Skinner and Billand/orChristy have not been working to improve their games? Why are you posting on here instead of out improving your game? Seems like someone needs to take their own advice.

Go ahead and bag! I dont care, I am just glad you play. Keep up the good work Frank you are a vital asset to this site and I do not know what I would do without you.

Lol, you've been playing almost 5 years and are still 889 rated? It definitely sounds like you should take your own advice and go out and play some more.

Go ahead and bag! I dont care, I am just glad you play. Keep up the good work Frank you are a vital asset to this site and I do not know what I would do without you.

Probably waste less time on this site and maybe raise your rating about 900.

Oh come on lets not go there, I know a guy who has played for 20 years and he isn't 800 rated but he is one of the nicest damn guys you have ever met and also does a ton of volunteer work for courses and tournaments and events.

Some people just don't have "it", who cares...have fun.

Latest posts