• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I hurting my discs?

I think it depends on the type of disc. To use Discraft as an example, I'm sure an FLX disc would handle temperature much better than a Pro-D.

The only thing you have to worry about, I think, is if when they are in the hot car they are being warped out of their normal shape. If they are in your bag or laying flat I don't think you'd have problem.

I have seen someone leave them on the dash and have them ruined so like A.Mutt said, keep em directly out of the sun and keep the level (whether in the bag or lying flat on a seat, etc).

I keep them in my bag in the trunk most of the time. It stays fairly cool in there. Never had problems with warping. My girlfriend sometimes leaves her laying in the back seat and they've become a little warped.

I'm assuming any plastics can warp if left in direct sunlight (IE: on the dash.) CD and DVD's do and they are made out of a plastic compound. I've even had a lint brush with a thick plastic handle warp, when left on the back dash.
My advice is keep out of direct sunlight. Windows work as a magnifying glass.

I think we should all go buy brand new discs, go to our trunks, open it and throw it in. Leave it in there for one year and see what happens. In one year we will have fun telling each other what happend to them ;)

I'm assuming any plastics can warp if left in direct sunlight (IE: on the dash.) CD and DVD's do and they are made out of a plastic compound. I've even had a lint brush with a thick plastic handle warp, when left on the back dash.
My advice is keep out of direct sunlight. Windows work as a magnifying glass.

Don't magnifying glasses usually set fires when they're used in conjunction with direct sunlight? :rolleyes:

Last year I lived on the 8th floor with an elevator that was ready to die ( it's counterpart already didn't work)! Do you think I left plastic at ground level? Ofcourse not!!! I hauled 2 bags and a bin everyday! On hot days at work I worry like my dogs in the car (but I'm also a person that thinks color, year, month, stamp, week, day....... Of production affect flight)lol (at myself)

... or Houston?

Might as well just say anywhere in Texas! I seen mostly the soft putter plastic get warped in the cars - not the harder star or pro plastics. However - if they sit in direct sun in the car - be warned. Living in Houston I always take my discs inside now because the few times left in the car they have all been super soft.

They seem to be okay in the heat if they are in the shade like your trunk or covered in your bag.

Latest posts