• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Am I missing something?

cooliomcfly

hello, I am a relatively new disc golfer (4 months) and have been going constantly so my game is now up to about a -2 to +2 on most 18 holed courses I play. I am looking to expand my bag, and need suggestions for what to get.

My current bag consists of: (all Innova Discs)
Drivers:
150g Blizzard Teedevil (in the mail, intended as a new go-to)
170g Champ Boss (current go-to, will prob use when a more overstable disc is needed)
170g Champ Sidewinder (use mor as a fairway driver than a distance driver)

Mid Ranges
180g Star Mako (use for shots that require tight turns)
170g Dx Stingray (current go to midrange)

Putters
168g Star Dart

I can throw both backhand and sidearm comfortably (except for driving my sidewinder of the tee sidearm..the extreme torque makes it too flippy). I feel the one thing I could use is a more overstable midrange, as there have been a couple of times where I said "I wish I had a Roc or something." Any and all feedback is appreciated, thank you!!!

You should get a Roc or something

Be careful saying you shoot between -2 and +2, because that doesn't mean a whole lot to the people on here because of how the courses vary so much, and if you are playing course par.

My suggestions would be get a Roc/Wasp/Hornet/Vector/Pain/Zone etc. Each company makes a pretty solid overstable midrange.

Also, I suggest getting a Teebird because, well...everyone should have a Teebird.

Last edited:
yep, DX roc and teebird would be worthwhile investments. maybe a star TL if you want more durability

I wouldn't feel right suggesting a disc until I know how far you throw the ones you have.

Just in general though I think the Wasp is the best overstable mid.

It is not a midrange but I enjoy my very overstable Viper as a forehand disc, and I have only been playing a few months as well.

thank you, and i have re-posted the thread with more info about my game in the bag and suggestions area if anyone is really so interested in helping :p

Latest posts