• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2012--Charlotte, NC

what exactly does that mean..."ams are the ones with the cash"? just curious.
Correction/elaborate
IMO AM players will be spending more money on plastic and other souvenirs. Touring pros are saving every penny to stay on tour. The sponsored guys are getting free plastic so will not be buying discs. Lastly the TD for the USDGC also made the point AM players are spending money and the pros cost money. Therefore it make business sense to cater to the AMs. Don't get me wrong I love me some DG Pros, but this should be the one time of year when the AMS get to shine.

have the worlds courses been chosen already? have they been chosen based on skill? was it the red, blue, white, gold--whatever--criteria developed by chuck or the disc golf design group? i'm wondering how it was decided.

LOL, the tentative schedule is why this thread has grown so large. Right now the pros are playing on the best three courses and Am1 is playing on 3 lesser none courses. To make matters worse some of the divisions are only playing on two courses.

have the worlds courses been chosen already? have they been chosen based on skill? was it the red, blue, white, gold--whatever--criteria developed by chuck or the disc golf design group? i'm wondering how it was decided.

Ding Ding Ding! Somebody'S gotS Some Splainin to do. How bout some answers from the SS?

But the parks in Davidson (like Matthews, Mint Hill and Pineville) are not under the Charlotte Mecklenburg Park & Recreation department.

I just watched the promo video at PDGA and towards the end it names the courses each division will be playing on. I seriously doubt they will change it if it is already in the promotional video. With that said I was very impressed and plan to attend regardless of the courses I end up on. It is looking to be the mother of all disc golf tournaments. Maybe we can do a dg course review happy hour one of the nights.

I could help with having a hippy bar cater to a meet up. Live music, best micros in town. And you are right that this will be the best worlds. Many of us around here are very passionate and we are willing to fight to make sure things happen that are in everyone's best interest. The uniTTy part of our dysfunctional family, is that none of us want to fall short of it being the Worlds of all Worlds. Despite the bickering, it will happen.

But the parks in Davidson (like Matthews, Mint Hill and Pineville) are not under the Charlotte Mecklenburg Park & Recreation department.

Same with Huntersville and Cornelius all three have their own park departments.

Im not sure... but Bradford is maintaned by huntersville, Davidson just allowed the use of land or something. Not sure if Allison is similar.

Allison property has been identified as not-usable per the eye of the Davidson P&R. This is why it is going to be the mother of all mother's to get in. The kudzu out there will destroy industrial brush hogs. It's going to be a process.

I could help with having a hippy bar cater to a meet up. Live music, best micros in town. And you are right that this will be the best worlds. Many of us around here are very passionate and we are willing to fight to make sure things happen that are in everyone's best interest. The uniTTy part of our dysfunctional family, is that none of us want to fall short of it being the Worlds of all Worlds. Despite the bickering, it will happen.

well said!

Allison property has been identified as not-usable per the eye of the Davidson P&R. This is why it is going to be the mother of all mother's to get in. The kudzu out there will destroy industrial brush hogs. It's going to be a process.

Ive walked it, just depends on Cam and Wheaties design. No worse than the work we are doing on 8,11 at Bradford, patience and persistence. Only problem will be that we cant blame trash on the softball players.

I wish Fisher Farms was still on the table... would remind you of Glenn C. Elevation changes. Dang it!

Last edited:
Thanks!

Stan is doing most of the work, but I thought that was needed...also finished the tear drop shape on the first landing zone from long 8. That was a...beesnatch but now you can do the 215' safety throws.

I think hole 11 will be one of my favorite holes... it looks so cool now (from what it was).

Thanks!

Stan is doing most of the work, but I thought that was needed...also finished the tear drop shape on the first landing zone from long 8. That was a...beesnatch but now you can do the 215' safety throws.

I think hole 11 will be one of my favorite holes... it looks so cool now (from what it was).

Definitely big props for the transition! :clap:

I agree about 11. Yesterday was the first time I had been out there since the very first ground breaking round. I was dreading that hole as I walked the transition from 10. However, when I saw the manicured fairway from the tee I was floored. Very nice indeed!

Posted by ATL Scott:
"I never understood why they call the park sugaw when it is sugar creek. I could be Sugaw Scott but then people might call me sugar."

Probably regional dialect issues as it sounds like sugar - probably the same reason Bostonites call Leicester lester instead of lie-cester when you are there for the Vibram Open.

And I don't think you have to worry about people ever calling you Al Schack.:p :)

PS>>>
When you are travelling to a Worlds a day or 2 before hand like the majoity of out of towners are - it is always better to have fewer courses to practice/learn from scratch especially in a combined Worlds.
At most you would have 2-300 people spread out over 3 courses instead of 7-800 if everyone played every course.
And the best part about playing courses twice is that you don't travel 3000 miles to make 1 drive from each tee pad in competition and know that will be your only chance to play it with no chance at redemption if you played it badly.

Uncalled for if you posted on CDGC you would be banned for name calling. You must have learned all of this in your 1.5 years of playing. While you were busy posting I was busy playing.:)

Yeah it's uncalled for sorry. First time rereading this thread it has been a good thread to kill time i'll give you that. Sorry, just got back from playing lol :) Really meant that having thousands of posts of two word negative replys always annoyed me, but just saying that wouldn't be the guy to hook onto to help get the fight with the club fixed. Yeah i'm no Ken Climo with my 1.5 years but I have a descent job and will have no problem paying my entry fee to play in Charlotte.

I've seen others express the notion that pros are more likely to want to play fewer courses, ams to play more (even if some only once). Which seems reasonable, with the recognition that a significant minority will be displeased, regardless.

As a lifetime Am, and one who hopes to be there for the "convention" aspect with hopes of doing well, but no hope of winning, my preference is also for "more courses". If the "other events" like doubles, and the semi-finals, are scheduled for courses we only play once, well, there's the chance for a second time around.

But that's just my preference. If it's 3 courses for the Am divisions, I'll still be there.

ok- i have read the previous 37pgs and plan on playing regardless. But here are some ideas i would like to suggest if the schedule stays at 3 courses....
#1- I dont see anyone talking about casual rounds, but if you only have to play 3 courses in tourn play, anyone can sample whatever course they choose in the time you would be "scouting" your 4th or 5th tourney course. This will be easier to do all week if there are only 1 or 2 flights per day on each course, and you can play with travel buddies, new friends etc.
#2- With the pros playing in town the same week, some am players might want to join the gallery for the afternoon round if they dont have new courses to scout.
#3- Playing 3 courses twice brings a test of consistency to the tourn maybe more than 5 courses once each because lead cards will have to show they can duplicate shots to stay in the lead. (although playing one course 4x is a bit much imo- PGA ) ok, i will go hide now..

Latest posts